The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Spurs can do one. They have one of the youngest, most talented midfields in the country.

Last time I checked they could be successful in midfield for another 10 odd years without needing to add.

I can't blame them for coming in for him, Jack's class and is worthy of a future at any club.

Just shits me if we're going to lose a bit of Aston Villa's pride to a Spurs team that is competing in a way I imagined for us.

Just highlights the misery of recent years, and I say that also being grateful and optimistic for the club.

We're not gaining ground losing players like Jack to what should be our immediate rivals.

Especially if our concerns are financial rather than how the player fits. That's no longer football but enterprise and commodity.

Yep....Its predatory.

and thats where we have landed ourselves.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

This will be hurting him as much as it is us.

Maybe I am looking into this too much but him and Terry reaction after the play-off defeat seemed to be resigned to not playing here next season. Maybe players were informed

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Read on twitter that before all this kicked off Villa valued Grealish at £40mil?

Living in cloud cuckoo land, 10-15m tops imo, potential is there but less proven then the lad at Norwich who they want £20mil for.

less proven than James Maddison? 3 England under 21 caps and a few good games at Championship level or Grealish who ran an FA Cup semi final

• Like 2

If Jack goes (as now looks certain) then Xia is dead to me. There's no way back... Ever. I don't care what he says or does beyond this point.

All he had to do was manage the club properly and the lad would've stayed another season. 

Sell up now Tony because Villa Park will never forgive you for selling it's favourite son, simply to bail out your greed and stupidity.

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

less proven than James Maddison? 3 England under 21 caps and a few good games at Championship level or Grealish who ran an FA Cup semi final

14 goals 8 assists last season for a pretty poor Norwich side, "a few good games" bit of a disservice.

I like Grealish, said after we played you "i wish we had Grealish to bring on to replace Pablo" after Pablo went off. 

Id prefer Grealish to Saiz, just think the valuation was ridiculous, not just Grealish, in general English player valuations are mad imo. 

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

14 goals 8 assists last season for a pretty poor Norwich side, "a few good games" bit of a disservice.

I like Grealish, said after we played you "i wish we had Grealish to bring on to replace Pablo" after Pablo went off. 

Id prefer Grealish to Saiz, just think the valuation was ridiculous, not just Grealish, in general English player valuations are mad imo. 

Hogan &  McCormack for c 12mill a piece....are the ones that stick in my craw.....However, one does have a go.

24 mill we could do will right now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

If Jack goes (as now looks certain) then Xia is dead to me. There's no way back... Ever. I don't care what he says or does beyond this point.

All he had to do was manage the club properly and the lad would've stayed another season. 

Sell up now Tony because Villa Park will never forgive you for selling it's favourite son, simply to bail out your greed and stupidity.

That's not fair at all, he can't just put the money in FFP stops him doing that.

33 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Read on twitter that before all this kicked off Villa valued Grealish at £40mil?

Living in cloud cuckoo land, 10-15m tops imo, potential is there but less proven then the lad at Norwich who they want £20mil for.

Less proven?

He has performed in the premier league and ran the show in an fa cup semi final. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Hogan &  McCormack for c 12mill a piece....are the ones that stick in my craw.....However, one does have a go.

24 mill we could do will right now.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing i suppose, over priced but had they done what was expected would have seemed a bargain. 

Where even is McCormack anyway now? He must be on a fair wage to.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Less proven?

He has performed in the premier league and ran the show in an fa cup semi final. 

I didnt mean to upset anyone lol.

But that was 3 years ago and 1 game. 

As i said, rate him but not at £40mil imo. 

Just now, Cjay said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing i suppose, over priced but had they done what was expected would have seemed a bargain. 

Where even is McCormack anyway now? He must be on a fair wage to.

40k a week which goes to 60k if we go up.

2 years left on the deal, hes doing sod all.

Just now, Cjay said:

I didnt mean to upset anyone lol.

But that was 3 years ago and 1 game. 

As i said, rate him but not at £40mil imo. 

Certainly more than the lad from Norwich.

Just now, DCJonah said:

It isn't. But if it helps you defend the owner while we lose key players to keep the lights on then pretend it does.

So you have proof? If so share it with the rest of us.

Â