The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Statistically Gana was better than Kante but one is at Everton and the other at Chelsea with a couple of PL titles.

Exactly, a perfect example. I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever suggest Gana is better than Kante, regardless of stats.

9 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Still worth £40m+ whatever anyone says

Absolutely. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Anything less than £50m is daylight robbery. 

(I do realize we won't be getting that sum of course)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

I see what your saying, but you cant really compare Grealish to any of those players, Benteke, Delph etc. 

£20mil for Young seemed a lot and was a few years ago but he was a proven Premier League player then, he'd been doing a good job for you for 3 or 4 years by then in the Prem. Benteke i think had a 1 in 2 Premier League strike rate for you when he left, and Delph the same was a regular in the Prem and all 3 were full internationals by the time they left. 

What i said was more about the state of English player valuations, i think its ridiculous, was just using Jack Grealish as an example. 

On a simple level, why would a Liverpool or whatever spend £40mil on Jack Grealish when they can maybe get Jota from Wolves for similar, or Justin Kluivert for £30mil? 

With the greatest of respect those are two players younger by a few years, and more proven. 

As i say, not knocking Grealish, may seem like i am but i really do rate him, its more my dismay with the obscene in my eyes valuations English players are getting. 

I value him at £40m. I think in normal circumstances the club would not have considered bids below £35m. If other clubs don't value him at £40m they would have been at liberty to take their money elsewhere and buy someone else who did meet their valuation.Sadly, these are not normal circumstances and it's a buyer's market at Villa Park. As a result clubs will make derisory bids for our players in the knowledge that we have little choice other than to sell our players to try to stay afloat. English players do come at a premium price and the value we put on Jack reflects that but you can't always get what you want particularly when money is too tight to mention.

13 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Exactly, a perfect example. I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever suggest Gana is better than Kante, regardless of stats.

Though we were robbed on that sale as well.

30 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

You don't come across as though you are knocking him, just providing a different perspective on what prospective buyers might want to pay.

I think you have to understand my bias here. 20 million seemed like a lot for Ashley Young? He's still starting for them, and I would have preferred they kept their money.

Same goes for the others mentioned. These players are so valuable to a club like ours. As I said previously, I think Jack will surpass the feats of the players I mentioned.

You're right though, Jack is unproven at Premier League level. And that's the same reason Liverpool got Coutinho for 8.5 million. Jack won't command the fee we want.

Like Coutinho though watch Jack's market value absolutely sky rocket once he comes of age.

Cant stand Ashley Young, probably my bias towards him shining through, but i cant stand him. 

I do understand the bias, he is a shining light, a local lad etc. 

Even Coutinho was a Brazilian international when Liverpool got him.

Lets hope you are right, for the good of the national team atleast. 

18 minutes ago, John said:

I value him at £40m. I think in normal circumstances the club would not have considered bids below £35m. If other clubs don't value him at £40m they would have been at liberty to take their money elsewhere and buy someone else who did meet their valuation.Sadly, these are not normal circumstances and it's a buyer's market at Villa Park. As a result clubs will make derisory bids for our players in the knowledge that we have little choice other than to sell our players to try to stay afloat. English players do come at a premium price and the value we put on Jack reflects that but you can't always get what you want particularly when money is too tight to mention.

I feel for you fans since we have been through what it looks like you may have coming, firesales, money issues, key players going for a pittance etc. 

Do the prices we value our English players at reflect the inflated opinion as a nation we have of there talent? 

By that i mean after a couple of games player X is going to be the next big thing, loads of them through the years, and most of them drift away or never get close to the hype.

Ross Barkley, Ravel Morrison, Seth Johnson etc etc, all hyped up to the max when young, big money values, none of them got close to being world class. 

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

I feel for you fans since we have been through what it looks like you may have coming, firesales, money issues, key players going for a pittance etc. 

Do the prices we value our English players at reflect the inflated opinion as a nation we have of there talent? 

By that i mean after a couple of games player X is going to be the next big thing, loads of them through the years, and most of them drift away or never get close to the hype.

Ross Barkley, Ravel Morrison, Seth Johnson etc etc, all hyped up to the max when young, big money values, none of them got close to being world class. 

I back Jack to but I see your point.

Silver lining is we can see him fulfill his potential sooner. I think Spurs would be a great move for him. I hope we don't accept bids from the likes of Leicester or West Ham, for his sake at least.

Maybe we can buy him back when he's world class and we get to that level too :(

I can't see any other option than us selling him. His sale would be the quickest way to bring a substantial amount of money into the club.

If, by some miracle, we didn't need to sell him, I actually wouldn't be against us extending his contract and loaning him to a Premier League team in the hope that he'll have a good season and we could sell him next year for a ridiculous figure (or keep him if we perform a second miracle and acheive promotion).

It would be putting a lot of our eggs in the Grealish basket, but I'm sure many of us would put good money on him to do well up there. It would mean we could get a fee matching his true ability.

56 minutes ago, John said:

you can't always get what you want particularly when money is too tight to mention.

But if you try sometimes you just might find you get what you need especially when Oh money money money money?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Silver lining is we can see him fulfill his potential sooner. I think Spurs would be a great move for him. I hope we don't accept bids from the likes of Leicester or West Ham, for his sake at least.

Maybe we can buy him back when he's world class and we get to that level too :(

I am genuinely baffled at how seeing our home grown player fulfill his potential sooner at another club is any sort of lining at all ?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Â