The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

3 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

One thing that stood out for me today is that he wasn't scared to shoot! That's been lacking from his game. Needs to play central.

Shown he's a cut above the rest with his cameo appearance. 

Keep it up Jack.

Was thinking the same, great to see!

He has the ability to get into dangerous positions, if he adds shooting to his artillery he is capable of gaining us alot of points!

He looked dangerous when he came on....he still has to work on his end product and the bit of defensive work that is required.

not sure if he will make it as a regular 90 minute player, despite his obvious talent.

I am hoping Steve can do it though.

He makes it look so easy doesn't he! How many times did he do sidwell with just a simple drop of the shoulder from a throw in. Get him fit and playing like that week in/week out and we have the best attacking force in the division.

He has all the makings of a really top class player, but he just needs to find that consistency. If he plays like how he did yesterday, every game then we'd be laughing. The problem is that he doesn't...not even half the time. Luckily he's still very young and has ample time to get into the groove and with Steve Bruce's great man management, I think he can do it.

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I just wish he had a little more pace, if he had that he would be some player.

A lack of pace didn't stop the likes of Hoddle ,or the other wizard at Southampton . And let's not forget the greatest passer of a ball to ever wear the claret and blue , yes ,the legend that is Sid Cowans . Ample evidence my dear friend ,that guile will always compensate .

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

A lack of pace didn't stop the likes of Hoddle ,or the other wizard at Southampton . And let's not forget the greatest passer of a ball to ever wear the claret and blue , yes ,the legend that is Sid Cowans . Ample evidence my dear friend ,that guile will always compensate .

No that's two examples where it compensated, It doesn't mean it will always compensate. I say two because Sid was an entirely different type of player, so much so he isn't really relevant. 

The other thing worth noting is that pace was nowhere near as important or as widely found in the game in the days of Hoddle or ale Tiss. So I'm not really sure how relevant references to players from the 80's or 90's are especially two of the very best of their eras.

Besides I didn't say he can't be a good player without pace just that he would be a far better and more effective player if he did.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2016 at 15:07, Demitri_C said:

How amny great games has he had for us? I can only think of three Blose, Liverpool in the cup and Rotherham. Other than that he has not really done much. 

An old post and probably a bit harsh to pick on it, just found myself going through the thread and it stood out. 

Can we put this to bed now? Or will Friday's performance be forgotten then next time he has an average game?

34 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

An old post and probably a bit harsh to pick on it, just found myself going through the thread and it stood out. 

Can we put this to bed now? Or will Friday's performance be forgotten then next time he has an average game?

He was excellent on Friday night mate you won't hear we see say otherwise. The only thing us he has to consistently do it which he hasn't just yet. But I think now a lot of it has to do di Matteo. I have more faith that brucie will get it right with grealish as he actually seems to know dust he is doing !!

40 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Got a lot of time to kill today?

Â