The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 24/06/2022 at 19:47, The_Steve said:

Levels he couldn't reach with us sadly

I think you are forgetting how good he actually was for us. When he played for us, our only tactic was to pass to Grealish, it was embarrassing at times. My mate Noel says he’s the best he’s ever seen and he’s been going since the 1970’s I think 

• Like 3

On 24/06/2022 at 19:32, useless said:

Style is looking at fashion and ignoring it and wearing whatever makes you feel most comfortable.

I've lived in enough shit places to know that's totally untrue. Really, it's what makes you feel glorious!

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think you are forgetting how good he actually was for us. When he played for us, our only tactic was to pass to Grealish, it was embarrassing at times. My mate Noel says he’s the best he’s ever seen and he’s been going since the 1970’s I think 

I agree - I was talking about his off the field antics though 😉 

23 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

So have I and I wholeheartedly disagree 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd say it's probably more the £150k a week that did it 

Yeah, I can't imagine what Jack could've said to him that's more persuasive than that.

Note the stark difference in Kalvin Phillips goodbye letter to Leeds, and the " See ya " social media post from the bloke who so many on here still adore.

Different characters, a bloke who loves his club.

Even if it's fraudulent, at least the effort was put in to connect.

FB_IMG_1656963514891-min.jpg

FB_IMG_1656963520572-min.jpg

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If Grealish had have written the goodbye letter that Phillips has supposedly written, he would have been lambasted for it with people telling him that he should just keep his mouth shut and not saying anything blah blah, and in a way I would have agreed with them as just comes across as an empty PR move.

Also Grealish wrote hand written notes to our academy players, not just U18s but in the lower age groups as well, which obviously meant a lot to them, and wasn't done on his part as a PR move.

Using this Phillips thing to criticize Grealish just seems a desperate move, but then again there were those who had an irrational dislike of him even before he left us, and as soon as he left were able to be much more upfront about that dislike.

• Like 2

Also not sure why there's this idea that Leeds fans are still in good humour with their former captain upon his departure, I had a dekko on their forum earlier and they were calling him 'just another City mercenary', some of them even stating that they hope he gets injured. This idea that Leeds fans are all wishing him the best, is just City fans on twitter trying to wind up Villa fans.

• Like 1

I think both statements are kind of cut and paste PR fluff to be honest. At least with Phillips he was namedropping certain people I guess, but with Jack's it looks like an agency template with Replace All function on the word "club" with "Villa".  The only thing specific to Jack in that whole thing was the relegation.

• Like 2

Â