The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fans overlooked his antics because he was so good for us, I admit that’s hypocritical. But your constant defence of him is bizarre imo. We’ll leave it that though. 

It’s not constant. There’s plenty of stuff I don’t defend him for 👍🏻

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s a 26 year old guy on holiday after a long season. People need to get a grip honestly, it’s funny how we hold footballers to a standard way above that of an ‘ordinary person’ when they are, in 99% of the time just an ‘ordinary person’ who happens to be good at football.

Also people are talking like the guy is an alcoholic with liver disease and will have to retire through ill health. He likes to get pissed. Too much really for a footballer. 

But he’s obviously still in great shape. It’s not like he wakes up and puts whiskey on his cornflakes

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He’s a 26 year old guy on holiday after a long season. People need to get a grip honestly, it’s funny how we hold footballers to a standard way above that of an ‘ordinary person’ when they are, in 99% of the time just an ‘ordinary person’ who happens to be good at football.

To be fair, I'd think a non-footballer behaving like that was a total w**** too.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

To be fair, I'd think a non-footballer behaving like that was a total w**** too.

Ah so people having a good time and enjoying themselves are now w@nkers, remind me to decline an invite to your party 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

There seems to be an argument developing that we are supposed to like this guy because he used to play for us? Really?

I don't think a single person has suggested that to be honest

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think a single person has suggested that to be honest

Good and why should we continue to support a Man. City player....

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No I just find it funny how the opinion of him has completely changed once he’s left the club. He does exactly the same things and the same fans who loved him for it now hate him for the exact same reasons. 

Clear as mud...

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Clear as mud...

giphy.gif

That's the complete opposite of what you were suggesting :thumb: 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Support is maybe a strong word, I still like him and hope he does well there

Why should I dislike him and want him to fail just because he plays for man city? 

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Support is maybe a strong word, I still like him and hope he does well there

Why should I dislike him and want him to fail just because he plays for man city? 

As I alluded earlier I didn't really warm to the fella...contrary to what was said above there were always one or two who criticised his actions when at the Villa.

I never said I want him to fail but all I really care about is supporting Villa, not Man. City.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m so famous and rich but I just donated some money to charity. Can I go and get pissed out my head and make a tit of myself now?

The defending of his antics just because he played for us is hilarious.

Very odd indeed...

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

As I alluded earlier I didn't really warm to the fella...contrary to what was said above there were always one or two who criticised his actions when at the Villa.

I never said I want him to fail but all I really care about is supporting Villa, not Man. City.

If you didn't like him here then there's no reason you should like him now.

Again, nobody is saying everyone should like him because he played for us.

All people are saying is he's doing the same things he did with us and seemingly the same fan base who absolutely loved him for going on a two day bender in his villa kit after the play off final now hate him for getting drunk in Las Vegas

The suggestion that people should change their opinion of him because he played for us is the exact opposite of what I'm saying. The thing I have an issue with is people suddenly hating everything he does because he left us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Funny how we are always saying this kind of thing about him.  As I said before they are not just ordinary people like you and me. They are role models for thousands of kids and should try to remember that more often.

Maybe we should consider more broadly whether it's very healthy for society, on a deeper level, if we promote people as 'role models' to whom we haven't even given an adequate education to secondary level?

• Like 4

Jacks a playboy and always has been. I dont like him because he left and isnt ours anymore. Not because of what he gets up to off the pitch. I can safely say I loved him more than any bloke in my life when he was Mr. Aston Villa 😂 

He made us very relevant again, gave a swagger to our club that we’d lacked for a long time. But he took all that away and that love turned to hate. Cant help but be bitter, its how I feel whenever we lose a top player, but Jack was worse because he is born and bred AVFC so it cut a lot deeper and he sold a false sense of security to his own people when he signed his contract & we all thought he was here for the project.

All the drinking, cheating, benders etc doesnt bother me one bit, im glad he is doing the same things he did whilst with us. If he suddenly became squeaky clean just because he plays for Citeh under Pep I think id be more annoyed.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

11 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If he suddenly became squeaky clean just because he plays for Citeh under Pep I think id be more annoyed.

I think that's a really good point that it'd appear fairly respectful to Smith and the club if she showed he could behave himself, he just didn't think it was worth it for us

50 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Maybe we should consider more broadly whether it's very healthy for society, on a deeper level, if we promote people as 'role models' to whom we haven't even given an adequate education to secondary level?

Maybe that’s one for parents to manage?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â