The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

What number was Grealish last season? Sure it was 9? Vaguely remember seeing video of him being all over the moon at being given the 9 shirt…

Haaland has 9 this season, wonder what jacks number will be, 99? 

He was 10

Jesus was 9

I don’t think I’ve posted in here since he left, but after just driving past a bloke in a Man City shirt with Grealish 10 on the back, I felt compelled to say how wrong it looks, even now one year on. 

I also felt compelled to wind the window down and shout ‘dick head’, but decided not to in the end. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t think I’ve posted in here since he left, but after just driving past a bloke in a Man City shirt with Grealish 10 on the back, I felt compelled to say how wrong it looks, even now one year on. 

I also felt compelled to wind the window down and shout ‘dick head’, but decided not to in the end. 

I think that's my general reaction to any grown man wearing a football shirt whilst not playing football tbf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno, maybe cos it now feels like a set up that man City have paid for, maybe its just him but I don't find it funny

The spoons video was great, could be the joke got very old very quick

For sure they organised it but the players didn't know and the reaction is still good - the joke still works.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2022 at 11:13, Demitri_C said:

For 100m i would call it a disaster mate. If it was half the price then no but for that sort of money and the return he has been a unbelievable flop 1st season.  Thats not to say he wont get bettee as we all know his quality 

It wasn’t just an on pitch signing though. Commercially they sold a lot of shirts and probably got a lot of new fans too.  I expect him to be a lot better next season but he’ll never be that 100m amazing world beater playing for City because he never was that player!    

On 18/07/2022 at 11:57, villa4europe said:

I dunno, maybe cos it now feels like a set up that man City have paid for, maybe its just him but I don't find it funny

The spoons video was great, could be the joke got very old very quick

What’s the spoons video?

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s the spoons video?

this got numbers or whatever the cool kids call it on social media last week

i mean fair play to city for jumping on it so quickly but like i said its a joke that got old really quickly for me

also think that if you watch some of his other stuff it can be funny because its weatherspoons which i'll let you make your own judgements on the standard of and he's obviously posh, the stuff about the sticky carpets yeah makes me smile, same when he does other videos for b&m bargains or primark but when he does it being paid by man city its lost, he doesn't tread the line between insulting them or the business in the same way

maybe it is just because its city

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i mean fair play to city for jumping on it so quickly but like i said its a joke that got old really quickly for me

also think that if you watch some of his other stuff it can be funny because its weatherspoons which i'll let you make your own judgements on the standard of and he's obviously posh, the stuff about the sticky carpets yeah makes me smile, same when he does other videos for b&m bargains or primark but when he does it being paid by man city its lost, he doesn't tread the line between insulting them or the business in the same way

I’ve never seen him before.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yea, the reason it's funny at Primark/Spoons is because they're establishments obviously not catering for the type of people who are used to greeters, or probably even know what a greeter is.  The places themselves are "common". 

It's not funny at Man City because these players probably see greeters in every hotel/airport they've ever been to.  

Good on the guy for taking the cash though and getting more exposure, this will get him more traction than the spoons videos because of the numbers watching it.  It just doesn't work as well from a comedic point of view. 

• Thanks 1

On 18/07/2022 at 13:20, Jareth said:

For sure they organised it but the players didn't know and the reaction is still good - the joke still works.

Nathan Ake genuinely seems inspired by his "pep talk."

Guy will probably sell a few more tickets for his Edinburgh fringe show from publicity of this so all is good.

He's not actually a football fan at all so no idea who fed him the Jan Molby line.

Edited by VillaChris

19 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I found the way he confused Grealish by using the word symmetrical quite amusing.

Jack probably spent the rest of the day with a headache, using such a big word like that on the poor fella.... 🤣

• Haha 1

Â