The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Eastie said:

I do hope that if Jack goes that fans don’t turn on our owners , I’m sure they’ve tried to keep ,him and would invest the money in the team - if Jack goes it’s on him not the owners 

Inevitability by a few. You can already see some comments about their ambition.  Id be disappointed if every penny wasn’t reinvested.

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Then what was the point of it? We’ve made exactly the progress last year that we aspired to.

The longer contract means we get a decent fee?

• Like 2

Life goes on. I remember being close to tears as a younger lad when would sold Bruce Rioch to Derby.

Its a bit of a pisser - but we have better people running the club than in many years. I'm confident they will get us through this.  You could even argue they have already been a tad smart at getting Budenia in - who can play alongside or instead of JG.

Onwards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I do hope that if Jack goes that fans don’t turn on our owners , I’m sure they’ve tried to keep ,him and would invest the money in the team - if Jack goes it’s on him not the owners 

As he’s under contract it very much is on the owners.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Maybe it's a player we've expressed an interest in considering how many other Albion youth players we've been signing. 

I’m all for a strong Academy but we’ll be fighting relegation if we don’t start bringing some first team players in soon.

If jack goes and we still haven’t added anyone of note other than buendia you have to ask what the feck is going on.

Club need to.act quick season starts in a few weeks let's not drag this out and not get sufficient replacements in place.

If jack goes we can move forward with brilliant recruitment, but we cannot delay preparing for this season.

Obviously the loss of our star player will hurt but not forever life moves on and so does AVFC.

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

So all the spiel Grealish gave when he signed that long term deal was bullsh** then. Wish we’d known that at the time.

It’s just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Inevitability by a few. You can already see some comments about their ambition.  Id be disappointed if every penny wasn’t reinvested.

Its what they do after he goes. If there was a management/owner team than cope with this ..we have it.

48 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

The only way he will play at the world cup is if he moves. If he moves he becomes a starter for England the following day.

Don’t agree , if he stays at Villa he plays if his fit , if he goes to city I’d say his not guaranteed a place .  He will have much more game rime at Villa than city  to demonstrate his ability. 

The simple fact Southgate don’t trust him defensively for England is the reason he won’t start for England nothing to do with playing for Villa or city, 

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I’m all for a strong Academy but we’ll be fighting relegation if we don’t start bringing some first team players in soon.

If jack goes and we still haven’t added anyone of note other than buendia you have to ask what the feck is going on.

TBH I think we're just holding back until the Grealish saga is done one way or another. If he signs a new deal we've got our targets lined up. If City offer enough and we accept we have our targets lined up. We'll be ready to progress either way.

One things for sure. If this goes through it'll make Fifa career mode kids and Football Manager players giddy with ther potential rebuilds they could carry out 😂

Â