The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Jack is five years older and would cost more. Not surprised the players would like to play with him though. 

You would think it would be those England players that have seen him train in the flesh 🧙‍♂️.

As you say Sancho makes more sense as a Glazer asset. Which, you know, is fine with me.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
typo
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To add insult to injury, I can't figure out if he's an Everton or Villa fan, as it seems to flip flop with him and Richard Key every other match day I watch on BEIN 🤦🏾‍♂️

Glasgow Rangers

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Got a horrible feeling he won’t make the squad tomorrow. 

Think there would be uproar, every non villa fan I’ve spoken too says he should be in the squad and even start as he brings something different.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

90 minutes last game means he's in the squad, but think it's pretty unlikely he'll be in the starting 11 now. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly the best thing for him from strictly a villa point of view is unjustly missing out on the squad, then England bomb out. Southgate gets the boot and a manager with a brain takes charge and builds the side round him.

I only say that because I'm worried about this injury. He hasn't looked right at all to me. Worried he's forcing himself back to make the squad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mental decision by Southgate to delay naming the squad. If he doesn't know his team by now, **** me, how is he manager of England? Been watching games for free all bloody season the cvnt, what was he at, daydreaming?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Mental decision by Southgate to delay naming the squad. If he doesn't know his team by now, **** me, how is he manager of England? Been watching games for free all bloody season the cvnt, what was he at, daydreaming?

He's naming a provisional team so it should be over 30 players

The surprise for me is that the squads don't have to be announced until June 1st so why did some teams do it about 2 weeks ago? CL final still to go it doesn't make a lot of sense to go early 

What is shit from Southgate is him saying after the last game that he didn't want a 26 man squad, he knew his squad and naming additional players just caused tension and unhappiness in the ranks... And now he'll name a larger provisional squad... He makes it up as he goes along 

• Like 1

Scared this injury will be the perfect excuse for Southgate to ultimately leave him out and try to force him to move in the summer. He'll be absolutely shattered if he doesn't get on that plane.

Think there's no chance he is left out. Everyone in the footballing world knows who he is at this point.

If he leaves him out and England struggle for some reason he'd be crucified.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn't be to upset from a Villa point of view. England will struggle to win anything with Southgate in charge and Jack could do with a rest .

1 hour ago, tinker said:

I wouldn't be to upset from a Villa point of view. England will struggle to win anything with Southgate in charge and Jack could do with a rest .

Him not being picked could be what makes Jack fancy a move away :( 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

90 minutes last game means he's in the squad, but think it's pretty unlikely he'll be in the starting 11 now. 

I'm not so sure. i think the two warm-up games will be ideal for Jack to get fully up to speed in time for Croatia.

8 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Why? He was already picked before. If he was to miss out (dont think he will), it would be because he’s been out injured for 3 months.

Southgate’s words after that Belgium showing coupled with Jacks MOTM performances in those other friendlies will be enough to get him in the squad. He’s been coming to watch Villa a lot too and been seen to be all pally with Jack in the stands no doubt keeping tabs with where he was with the injury. Southgate needs him and I think he finally knows that now.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

jack will be at villa longer than southgate will be at england

I hope so, and I firmly believe so

21 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Why? He was already picked before. If he was to miss out (dont think he will), it would be because he’s been out injured for 3 months.

Argument could be he feel he has been overlooked, and to prevent that in the future wants to secure it by being in a team that is top 6

I dont believe this will happen, I believe he will be picked, and that he stays here forever ❤️ Being a bit devils advocate here

3 hours ago, MentalM said:

Jack has nothing to prove in terms of his England credentials and changing clubs isn't going to change that imo. It's all down to Southgate but for what it's worth I think he'll be in the final squad. He also seems to have a decent relationship with Southgate who has spent many hours at Villa Park this season! 

• Like 2

Â