The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Now Barkley has played himself out of contention might be a good chance to try Jack out in the middle and let Traore and Ghazi keep their places wide.

I hope we try that...

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Whenever  i see Foden for England he's one greedy bastard , Jack seems to be a better team player with a better footballing brain .. so if i was picking one , I'd take Jack over Foden anytime

but that said , England could accommodate them both if Southgate sacrifices one of his 8 defensive players

Foden has been playing staring roles in champions league quarters and semi's Jack is coming back from a long-term injury. I'd like to see both Foden and Grealish in the team but it will only happen if he picks a back 4 and Sterling and Rashford are dropped. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Foden has been playing staring roles in champions league quarters and semi's Jack is coming back from a long-term injury. I'd like to see both Foden and Grealish in the team but it will only happen if he picks a back 4 and Sterling and Rashford are dropped. 

He won't be picking a back 4 if Maguire isn't fit for the tournament unfortunately. 

Just now, Steero113 said:

He won't be picking a back 4 if Maguire isn't fit for the tournament unfortunately. 

Thats what I thought. He wont trust Mings or Coady in a back 4 

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

The Office Reaction GIF

Fully agree, a top class & reliable AM will transform us. Or LW if Jack is taking that position.

Neither of them are even close to be able to cut it as an AM.

The only way I see McGinn staying in our side for the foreseeable future is as a disruptor - to harry, hassle and harass the opposition. Break up play and move the ball forwards. 

He’s not technically proficient enough to be anything more than that in a team looking to challenge the top 6.

Luiz will always be a DM or deep lying playmaker in our side, it’s where Dean likes him. He only covers at CM when needs must. I would like to see his long range shooting ability resurface though...

I think we tried the new #10 experiment with Barkley and even when he was on top form, the balance was a bit off. 

I want to try getting a top class left winger and have Anwar as his backup. Someone who plays as an inside forward like we try to play as and not have much creative onus on as we do when Jack plays there. Someone who can stay up and pin opposing fullbacks back and don't have to come deep and/or central to receive the ball like Jack does. Jack can get them the ball no problem.

In other words, kind of like the set up we had in 2017/18 with Adomah and Snodgrass as our wide forwards, getting 40 goal contributions between them that season as they had Jack loading the bullets for them from the middle. I think that would work a lot better for the way Dean Smith is trying to get us to play in his tried and trusted 4-3-3.

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

No, not for me. Mcginn doesn't have the touch and creativity in the final 3rd and Luiz isn't dynamic enough. 

I think if Jack isn't moving there it's priority number 1 in the summer. 

I noticed last night that on a couple of occasions Luiz decided to dribble the ball upfield! I wish he would do this more as I'm sure he's capable. 

Is he actually harming his chances?  He's looked very out of sorts in his brief cameos. 

Might have been better playing in the under 23s for fitness then just trying to play longer periods in the last 2 games? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is he actually harming his chances?  He's looked very out of sorts in his brief cameos. 

Might have been better playing in the under 23s for fitness then just trying to play longer periods in the last 2 games? 

I think his chances have been harmed indeed. He'd be nowhere near selection for me in current form.

I've always been an advocate of you take your in form players and your fit players. You don't go on loyalty name or reputation.

It would be wrong for me to say Jack is an exception.

For me he's run out of time. He needs to have 2 stormers the end of this season now to even stand a chance.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I've always been an advocate of you take your in form players and your fit players. You don't go on loyalty name or reputation.

It would be wrong for me to say Jack is an exception.

For me he's run out of time. He needs to have 2 stormers the end of this season now to even stand a chance.

They have a 26 man squad. You can take a risk on the player for the better half of the season was the best in the league. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

He'll be fine, it always takes him a couple games to get back to his best after a break, even when its non injury related. 

Anyway, I dont think he looked off it, Palace were just all over us and heads had gone. It was the same second half at their place last season. We are f**kin useless at Selhurst park. 

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1

He was getting chopped to pieces the moment he stepped on the pitch. I fully understand his careful approach, he's obviously desperate to get a place in that euros squad. In hindsight Smith probably shouldn't have played him at all today. 

• Like 2

Â