The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They all get plenty of game time. With his versatility he'd get 20-30 games under his belt. There are positions open all over the front line in that side. They don't even play with a #9 anymore.

1) Game time - but 20-30 with the current players over the two spots, add Jack another player to that mix and it drops to 15-20 games and that’s not guaranteed.  That’s if Jack move works for him and he’s top performing.  Player moves don’t always work out.  

Will Jack be happy only playing ~20 games a season?  Great training and playing with KDB and under Pep but for 20 games a season.  It’s a no-brainer if he’s playing 40+ games a season and winning trophies but otherwise it’s a risk plus game time.

2) Re No.9 - Only because they dont really have one with Aguero always unfit now and Jesus not really clicking in there.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they land a striker in the summer.

i think it’s all mute anyway, it’s not happening for many reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

1) Game time - but 20-30 with the current players over the two spots, add Jack another player to that mix and it drops to 15-20 games and that’s not guaranteed.  That’s if Jack move works for him and he’s top performing.  Player moves don’t always work out.  

Will Jack be happy only playing ~20 games a season?  Great training and playing with KDB and under Pep but for 20 games a season.  It’s a no-brainer if he’s playing 40+ games a season and winning trophies but otherwise it’s a risk plus game time.

2) Re No.9 - Only because they dont really have one with Aguero always unfit now and Jesus not really clicking in there.  Wouldn’t surprise me if they land a striker in the summer.

i think it’s all mute anyway, it’s not happening for many reasons.

There's the LW/RW, AM and even FW spot available for him, not to mention the fact that he sees himself as a #8, where De Bruyne has played many times for them. 

I don't know what it is ($), but all those players seem really happy being rotated like that. Not sure how Jack would see it, but yeah I really hope it doesn't. They're the only English team that can currently tempt him.

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

You’d rather get lowballed than market value and watch him get destroyed under Jose than thrive under pep.. You really do hate Citeh... I’m the opposite Citeh are the only other team I’d tolerate watching him play for... 

No? Obviously I'd want us to get the most money. I'm saying if they were offering the same I'd hate to see him go to Spurs but I'd hate to see him go to City even more. Tired of them taking our best players over and over again.

10 minutes ago, Mantis said:

No? Obviously I'd want us to get the most money. I'm saying if they were offering the same I'd hate to see him go to Spurs but I'd hate to see him go to City even more. Tired of them taking our best players over and over again.

Why are you guys talking about Jack leaving again, it's not happening for a while.

Grealish here can be like John Terry or Lampard at Chelsea.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Why are you guys talking about Jack leaving again, it's not happening for a while.

Grealish here can be like John Terry or Lampard at Chelsea.

i don't get why the constant discussion. people talk like he just hops on a bus and signs for utd/city. people forget just how minted we are...it would take 120m to even consider selling, and i just don't see anyone coming close to that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think he is going to play then.  If he’s pain free why hasn’t he been training ?

It's a Grealish injury.

You know, it's one of those when you tell your missus you will take the rubbish out. 

You will, and Grealish will play, but it might not happen in the immediate future. 

I have a feeling that Smith has left us with a bit of hope for him to say he didn't quite make it on Sunday. It reduces the questions on him over the weekend and gives him an extra two weeks to get back fit over the international break.

If there was any chance of him playing Sunday he would have been going away with England next week to increase his chance of going to the Euro's.

Let's just get him back fit over this international break ready for the run in.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

It's a Grealish injury.

You know, it's one of those when you tell your missus you will take the rubbish out. 

You will, and Grealish will play, but it might not happen in the immediate future. 

Haha ye it's more like, I'm going out for a beer, I'll be back at 8, latest 9pm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

If there was any chance of him playing Sunday he would have been going away with England next week

I don’t think he’ll play Sunday but I also don’t think the above is true. I’m sure he would have loved to go but he could be back fine on Sunday and Southgate could still have opted to name a squad based on current form and fitness, and he’s missed the last five games. If he IS back Sunday I think he’s just been unlucky with timing.

Ideal for him (not us) is he plays Sunday and someone else picks up a knock and he gets the call up. Ideal for us is he gets the rest, but then he likely misses the Euros.

11 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t think he’ll play Sunday but I also don’t think the above is true. I’m sure he would have loved to go but he could be back fine on Sunday and Southgate could still have opted to name a squad based on current form and fitness, and he’s missed the last five games. If he IS back Sunday I think he’s just been unlucky with timing.

Ideal for him (not us) is he plays Sunday and someone else picks up a knock and he gets the call up. Ideal for us is he gets the rest, but then he likely misses the Euros.

That would be good news for us to be honest.

I would like to think theres an agreement with Southgate that although Grealish will be available for Sunday's game he still needs a two week break to fully recover to benefit both Villa for the remainder of the season and England during the Summer.

With Bellingham potentially having to drop out due to covid restrictions, there is still a possibility that Jack gets a late call up,  especially if he plays our next game.

Hoping he's on the bench for it personally, and gets an easy 10-15 minute run out  to indicate he's basically back, but will get the benefit of 2 further weeks rest to monitor any reaction to those 10-15 minutes. 

I'm curious what the injury is and whether it is putting off some potential suitors. Hopefully not something that ends up recurring for the rest of his career.

Â