The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think he's going to go too, it's too much of a rebuild job and despite such a positive start to the campaign we are slowly going back down the table. 

It's great that we are where we are relative to previous two years but we are we down quite a distance off breaking into the top 6. Is Grealish going to hang around for us to just compete, as I doubt aby trophies are coming our way anytime soon

• Like 1

I think he's off in the summer. Can't see how we would convince him to stay after having him watching our recent performances from the stands. He admitted that he was almost gone last year.

Like @supermon said, the rebuild job is just too big and would take up a large part of his career. He'll hit his peak in a year or two. A player of his calibre will ultimately want to win trophies and test himself against the likes of Haaland and Mbappé in the CL. 

£150m in the bag which should be reinvested in 3 quality players (RW, LW, AM).

A top 8 finish might still change this but seems highly unlikely now.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 1

Think/hope he'll give us one more season to get into Europe. To do that though we need to bring in real quality to complement him and that's easier said than done, even if you've got money.

He'll be off in the summer, and not sure I blame him. Unless the club replace Smith with a real managerial heavyweight and have a splurge on top level players, he's not going to stick around for another season of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tbf, everyone was convinced he'd be going in the summer even after we stayed up. He still may stay another season as we've still progressed considerably from last season (not on recent form mind you). We'd have to be properly competing for the top 4/6 next season though to keep him after that.

We've been worried about him going every summer since relegation. 

there were two times when I think it was nailed on. Firstly our owners came and saved us from losing him and then Smith came and performed a miracle in getting us promoted and we kept him. 

Then they've convinced him to sign a new 5 year deal. He might go but maybe the owners and manager deserve a little credit that we still have him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

He'll be off in the summer, and not sure I blame him. Unless the club replace Smith with a real managerial heavyweight and have a splurge on top level players, he's not going to stick around for another season of this.

pretty sure it would have the opposite effect, I think if board binned Smith then Jack would leave straightaway

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Ooooo controversial.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spoony said:

If the board binned smith I think I’d also give up

I support the team, not the manager.

I have a Chelsea supoorting mate who said something similar when they ditched Frank Lampard.  He's not saying stuff like that any more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Top man. I'll just forward the links on to the missus. Birthday is not until August but gotta make sure she has enough time to get everything sorted.

• Haha 3

Â