The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I pray he’s back for Tottenham. His importance is not only his ability but the confidence of the whole team, as I don’t believe we have one other player that the players can give the ball too and have total faith he’ll do the right thing. I only hope the others players heads haven’t dropped so much in the last few games that they can’t get themselves going upon Jack’s return. Cash will be massive as well as really miss his energy and ability to overlap down the right. If they’re both back for Tottenham I think we win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

I agree all teams suffer when losing there best player, but it the nature of the losses/draws. Our football is now boring and dour. Looks like we are not really trying and just playing defensive until the main man returns, weather this is the players or tactics I'm unsure. 

Its huge with Villa. We're not exactly a one man team because we have a great keeper and defence but all the attacking impetus comes from one man. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Has to be back. He didnt play last time cus he was ill. 9 days to recover from an illness is more than enough, unless its a serious illness.

Can't be that ill if he traveld all the way up to Newcastle, Seeing as he was ruled out on Thursday you would of thought he would of been told to rest up. 

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Has to be back. He didnt play last time cus he was ill. 9 days to recover from an illness is more than enough, unless its a serious illness.

Did Smith actually say that though? I'm sure I heard him say that he was progressing well but got an illness which set him back. He didn't say he'd recovered from his injury from what I heard, just that his recovery had been set back by getting ill, although I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

When Trezeguet started LW the other week...I thought...Grealish to Trezeguet has to be the biggest downgrade in the league?

That sounds harsh but I can't think of a bigger downgrade that would even be possible, certainly in terms of attacking threat. Every other player even close to Grealish's level plays for a team that has much better back up options available.

Next closest downgrade I can think of is Sheffield United going from Henderson to Ramsdale.

• Like 2

Hoping he is back for Spurs and would love to see him play at the tip of a diamond:

----------------------- Luiz ----------------------

SJM --------------------------------- Sanson

----------------------- Jack ---------------------

----------- KD ------------------- Ollie --------

Especially if BT is still out.

I think that would be the best way to go against Spurs as I don't want AEG or Trez starting.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Yeh i heard that 2, but he posted a pic from his front room. Think bt got it wrong

Wowzers, I guess that means there's 2 lilac coats in the world! :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, weedman said:

Did Smith actually say that though? I'm sure I heard him say that he was progressing well but got an illness which set him back. He didn't say he'd recovered from his injury from what I heard, just that his recovery had been set back by getting ill, although I'm happy to be proven wrong on this one. 

Fair play ive possibly got that wrong!

8 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Fair play ive possibly got that wrong!

I got something wrong once in my life......then i found out i was right anyway.

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I will be honest and say I am somewhat half awake and did not fully pay attention to the date on this and thought it actually happened😊 Thought Spurs can **** right off!

Speaking of that, they still can!

UTV

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2021 at 12:12, foreveryoung said:

I agree all teams suffer when losing there best player, but it the nature of the losses/draws. Our football is now boring and dour. Looks like we are not really trying and just playing defensive until the main man returns, weather this is the players or tactics I'm unsure. 

Pretty sure it’s the aftermath of the covid outbreak personally. Increasingly have this feeling and think it’s just about getting through the season now and hopefully cementing a top half finish.

Â