The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

I think we'd be very close to going down without Jack Grealish this season. I dont think the problem is that the players around him are awful, it's more our entire style of play is built around him, and of course he's world class. 

I hope we can persuade him to stay this summer, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave. 

Defensively we're still good so we'd just scrap out loads of 1-0s and 0-0s as Palace and Wolves do.

Without Grealish we're on their level which is reflected with the results. With him playing we've got a little bit about us than those teams although Wolves would likely be top half still if Jimenez hadn't got the bad injury so that's probably a comparable example.

Last few weeks probably a reality check how far off a genuine european challenge for top 6 is given it's effectively on a piece of string with one very good player who we need out on the pitch every second of every single game to have a proper chance.

We've taken five points from a possible twenty-one that he's missed since promotion, in the championship promotion season he missed fifteen games, we only won three of those, picking up sixteen points.

In other words over the last three seasons, we've shown relegation form when he's not been playing, twenty-two league games missed and a total of twenty-one points won, that's relegation form despite the majority of the games he's missed coming in whilst we were in the championship and should have been able to cope much better without him.

It's okay saying that anyone would miss their best player, but they shouldn't be missed that much, our form without him is woeful, and those that say we're a one man team shouldn't really be ridiculed for that opinion, because the stats make a good argument for it being the case.

• Like 2

I wonder where a team like Brighton would be if you put Grealish in their team.

I honestly feel he is an elite level player that will have the same impact like Bruno has had on Man Utd.

Luckily i can't see anyone affording him. £100+ million at this point. Surely

Edited by villalad21

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I wonder where a team like Brighton would be if you put Grealish in their team.

I honestly feel he is an elite level player that will have the same impact like Bruno has had on Man Utd.

ancient-aliens-gif-6 - Pursuit

10 minutes ago, PaddytheVillan said:

I think we'd be very close to going down without Jack Grealish this season. I dont think the problem is that the players around him are awful, it's more our entire style of play is built around him, and of course he's world class. 

I hope we can persuade him to stay this summer, but I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to leave. 

I dont

The defence is nothing to do with grealish and there's some proper shit down the bottom of the league 

We're not that anymore despite the poor performances 

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Defensively we're still good so we'd just scrap out loads of 1-0s and 0-0s as Palace and Wolves do.

Without Grealish we're on their level which is reflected with the results. With him playing we've got a little bit about us than those teams although Wolves would likely be top half still if Jimenez hadn't got the bad injury so that's probably a comparable example.

Last few weeks probably a reality check how far off a genuine european challenge for top 6 is given it's effectively on a piece of string with one very good player who we need out on the pitch every second of every single game to have a proper chance.

But we wouldn't scrap out loads of wind would we, we'd scrap out the odd win e.g. Leeds away but we'd also draw and lose a load in the same way we did at Sheffield and Newcastle. 

Grealish does so much for us defensively in terms of relieving pressure and moving us up the pitch.

As I think we discussed in the pre match thread we'd probably get a point per game or so and be safe on 38-42 points, so a finish of 16th or 17th. The difference is that with Grealish in the team we are course to finish 7th.

Edited by turvontour

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We are but then they should have scored when they hit the bar and conceding that late headed goal was dissapointing from a defensive point of view 

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

But we wouldn't scrap out loads of wind would we, we'd scrap out the odd win e.g. Leeds away but we'd also draw and lose a load in the same way we did at Sheffield and Newcastle. 

Grealish does so much for us defensively in terms of relieving pressure and moving us up the pitch.

As I think we discussed in the pre match thread we'd probably get a point per game or so and be safe on 38-42 points, so a finish of 16th or 17th. The difference is that with Grealish in the team we are course to finish 7th.

42 points might be about 10 clear of Newcastle looking at their fixtures left.

I think we'd be the same as a Palace who'll probably finish at least 10 points clear of 18th. They have similar issues to us whenever Zaha can't play. Newcastle of course finished last season 9 clear of us given they could grind out wins and we couldn't until the last few games.

Last few weeks does make it a bit laughable people are suddenly demanding we challenge for top 4 next season. Pipe dream given how bang average we are over 90 minutes whenever Jack can't get out on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People dramatically claiming we would " go down " without Jack, fail to realise, this is because the team is built around him. As well as the fact that we don't yet have the quality in his. Position to step up in a system heavily centred around him.

If he was to go, the money would be invested into more quality and we would possibly find a different way to play.

If we didn't have him in the first place, we would probably.play a totally.different way and still grind out results.

Oh no, this is absolutely key. We are in a great position as a club now. Preferable scenario- we keep Jack for years, we add quality around him and in back up. Have someone that can come in and dictate when he is out. Other scenario- If Jack was to leave we would likely be able to invest in a real quality replacement, plus having a window to further enhance the squad.

No this is just an issue for this season i think/hope. but it is mega frustrating that we have averaged a league place of around 7th most of the season, and then we revert to last seasons form when he is unavailable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I don't even want to think what would have happened if Jack had his customary 5-10 games out injured last season. It wouldn't have been good. Last season is the only time so far he has played more than 40 games for us.

He did have a few months off though due to covid last season.   He gets kicked left right and centre it takes its toll.  I believe he wants to be 100% before coming back and he will be firing on all cylinders to gain his Euros place.

On 13/03/2021 at 00:44, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Take Salah's goals away from Liverplop, Fernandes from Manure for example...

Even the top teams have that predicament, the only difference is they have ten years of consistent investment ahead of Villa.

Haaland, Lewandowski, Messi as well, its almost like these elite players at top clubs arent so easy to replace and yet we are starting Trezeguet in his spot because we are in the league 18 months not decades

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 23:44, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Take Salah's goals away from Liverplop, Fernandes from Manure for example...

Even the top teams have that predicament, the only difference is they have ten years of consistent investment ahead of Villa.

Would Ronaldo out of the Juve team be a good example? Feels to me like a similar level of dependence. You take Salah out of a front 3 at Liverpool and you still have Mane, firmino and Origi. Not quite as good but still pretty strong.

Grealish is basically our plan/tactic.

I agree all teams suffer when losing there best player, but it the nature of the losses/draws. Our football is now boring and dour. Looks like we are not really trying and just playing defensive until the main man returns, weather this is the players or tactics I'm unsure. 

• Like 1

Â