The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

OK shit news but let's get realistic. 

Worst case scenario we probably finish around 14th. So what? 

Plus I'd say it makes it less likely that clubs fork up the money we'd want in the summer if he suffers with another injury and his season stalls. 

Best case is he misses a few weeks, comes back and helps us finish as high as possible. 

Thanks to the amazing first half of the season we don't need to be worried about this. It's just some shit news. 

• Like 1

Extreme shin splints can lead to a stress fracture, we just have to hope that isn't what's happened.  

My worry is without Grealish there aren't any real outlets that can carry the ball, hold it, win a foul and take the pressure off. I expect we'll see far more panicking and long balls today. Hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

It's a real shame he's out, but I guess it's a chance to see what the rest of the team is made of. Our entire playbook seems to be "pass the ball to Jack Grealish" so perhaps it'll give us the chance to add a few more strings to our bow, and we'll be even stronger when he comes back.

That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Maybe explains his dip in form recently.

I have an odd feeling that this might bring a few players out of their shells a little bit.

He’s so good that it’s natural to try to find him at EVERY opportunity, was getting too obvious.

Might do us a little good to find a plan b

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

Maybe explains his dip in form recently.

I have an odd feeling that this might bring a few players out of their shells a little bit.

He’s so good that it’s natural to try to find him at EVERY opportunity, was getting too obvious.

Might do us a little good to find a plan b

I had the same thought, clutching at straws/silver lining... but we've been pretty poor lately and the start of this game isn't giving me great faith we'll cope well or create much without him.  Need the DMs to up their game and Barkley to be more mobile.

Missing cash as well means we're going to be a far less energetic team than before,  so we will need to improve our quality to compensate.  Big run of games coming up. 

club playing smoke and mirrors maybe with the media? commentators said they were told by smith he's taken out as a precaution and hope to be fit for leeds. i doubt we'll ever get anything official from the club in terms of expected time out

22 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wasn't the reason he was out so long in 2018/19 because he played on for weeks and aggravated it?

Wasn’t it a kidney injury that was a long injury recovery? And then the shins were a bit later and not as long? Can’t remember now...

• Like 1

I pray that this injury is not long. However, with shin and more specifically shin bone injuries it is likely to be a lot longer than two weeks and is probably something that is likely to happen every year at some stage 

Sky Sports said before they game that Dean Smith stated in his pre game interview that they are hoping Grealish will be back next week against Leeds... have they got that wrong or are we just assuming its the club covering it up again like last time.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

OK shit news but let's get realistic. 

Worst case scenario we probably finish around 14th. So what? 

Plus I'd say it makes it less likely that clubs fork up the money we'd want in the summer if he suffers with another injury and his season stalls. 

Best case is he misses a few weeks, comes back and helps us finish as high as possible. 

Thanks to the amazing first half of the season we don't need to be worried about this. It's just some shit news. 

We better not as that would mean we barely win a game between now and the end of the season.

It wouldn't say much for our long term prospects to be a major force again in the top division if we couldn't beat Newcastle or Sheffield United without Jack and we need him around every single minute of every game to get results so I'm hoping we pick up results in those games and a few others and so we're in similar position to now when he returns probably in April.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Sky Sports said before they game that Dean Smith stated in his pre game interview that they are hoping Grealish will be back next week against Leeds... have they got that wrong or are we just assuming its the club covering it up again like last time.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

This is a joke right?

"We will assess it as we go. It is certainly not a recurrence of an old injury and certainly not long term," Smith told BBC Sport.

That sounds a bit more promising.

Edited by Okonokos

It was mentioned on twitter he'd be out for 3-4 weeks and he was already ruled out of the Leeds game from what DS said pre match.

Just be thankful he won't be out for 12 weeks like last time as that would be season over.

Chance he may be back for Spurs game which would be a great one to return into.

Â