The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Think in some ways this squad needs Grealish out for a bit so we can see who’ll rise to the challenge

Right, and really no better time to test it than this season where 6th is probably the absolute best we can do and we definitely won’t drop below 11th.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because they never are

No one ever is

They say exactly what it is, when he will be expected back, then when he misses another week half of social media puts away their EU trading laws qualification and puts up their medical degree followed by moaning of the clubs inaccuracy 

You can't be accused of being inaccurate with information if you were never accurate with it in the first place ;)

😂😂😂

It's so true. I'm not entirely sure it's half, it's probably a lot less. It's just a very loud proportion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Think in some ways this squad needs Grealish out for a bit so we can see who’ll rise to the challenge.

Big opportunity for players like Ramsey and Sanson to prove themselves, and for AEG to get some minutes.

I thought we weren’t too bad second half today against a decent Leicester side. Definitely didn’t look like Palace minus Zaha to me.

Agree with other poster who’s said we can’t allow Grealish being out to have this catastrophic effect on our mindset. We have plenty of other decent players, and should still be picking up points.

I agree it gives others a chance. But for that to happen Dean needs to pick the right midfield and formation.

You can play with two wide men when you have a player with Jack’s talent. But when you have the likes of El Ghazi and Trezeguet to replace him IMO we need to be set up differently. 

I’m afraid I don’t think Dean will do too much different for us to see and find out.  

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We can win some games when he's out. Wolves, Sheffield and Newcastle so it's hardly some impossible fixture list we've got in his absence. Leeds and Spurs tougher but not like it will be impossible to get draws if we get our structure right as Spurs are miles worse than Leicester at present as the league table indicates.

I do worry about our mentality at times. As brilliant as Jack is on the pitch and for our general profile in the media our whole world shouldn't revolve around him. It's exactly like Palace with Zaha. As soon as he's out for a few weeks they start losing game after game after game despite having likes of Eze and Andros Townsend so poor just to lump everything on one player and we need results over next few weeks against bottom half teams to break that sort of mindset.

Wolves seem to have come into some form, Sheffield United and Newcastle aren't given victories either.

Spurs have looked quite poor though.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Have a horrible feeling he might be done for the season. All the statements from the club are very cryptic and the absence of any timescale leads me to believe this might be a serious one. 

Shame. 

I'm feeling the same, maybe not quite as bad. I think we won't see him before the march internationals. Would love to be proven wrong, but I'm definitely thinking along the same lines as yourself...

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Have a horrible feeling he might be done for the season. All the statements from the club are very cryptic and the absence of any timescale leads me to believe this might be a serious one. 

Shame. 

Yeah, The "we'l asses him game by game" seemed a strange one, Every other injured player gets 2 or 3 weeks - 4 to 6 weeks etc 

Edited by Kingman

I hope Grealish isn't going to be like Van Basten.

Yes he gets a foul every time he's fouled but he does take some whacks too, there have been many challenges I felt the referee should have been stronger in dishing out yellows.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Seems that the constant chopping and kicking of his shins has caught up with him.

I think the club could explore using this in a presser. When asked about jack respond (in a joking but making a point way), about how the injury comes form years of being kicked and hopefully he gets protection from refs rather than being kicked 3 or 4 times before the ref reacts...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yeah, The "we'l asses him game by game" seemed a strange one, Every other injured player gets 2 or 3 weeks - 4 to 6 weeks etc 

or because of the nature of the injury they cant accurately assess his rate of recovery and will therefore assess him game by game...

look at the comment from the cash injury with a reference to grading of soft muscle damage, they can assess that differently and therefore use timescales

not sure why theres a huge conspiracy theory brewing over this

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Shame. 

In fairness, Smith actually did say it's not a long term thing and not a recurrence of an old injury. I agree there is a certain degree of crypticness going on but he was clear and specific when he said that, which gave me a bit of hope.

Â