The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

People have said shins. Same injury as the one in the championship.  Who knows. Hopefully not too serious. 

He was out for nearly 3 months then. If it's not as bad as before which we all hope then the above prediction of around 6 weeks is probably accurate.

Doubt we'll see him until after the next international break so going to miss a few winnable games we have.

Today would've been difficult regardless but you'll see his importance if we drop points to either Sheffield or Newcastle.

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Targett, Hourihane and several villa back room staff took Grealish out of their FPL teams this week...

It's mental we're giving away team news like this. They could at least set their teams to private ffs. 

8 minutes ago, Swerbs said:

Jack Grealish’s layoff for #avfc relates to shin splints, “although not as bad as before” - source. It’s serious enough and often a consequence of overplaying as a youngster while bones are still growing. We should be a little concerned at his age. #utv

https://twitter.com/jonnygould/status/1363476342784864257?s=20

It might often be the case, but he was hardly overplayed as a teenager and I'm pretty sure he's stopped growing at 25.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

You can't do that.

You can on the official one. Or at least you still could 2 seasons ago when I last played it. 

... And if you can't maybe it's better to just take the points hit on the imaginary team. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC

22 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's mental we're giving away team news like this. They could at least set their teams to private ffs. 

Considering Leicester still doubled up with two RBs, I'd say this gave away nothing.

Does make me wonder if the miniature shin pads contribute to it anyway, as he has used them his whole career. Suspect he's not the only one so probably not.

Maybe doesn't help that he's kicked more than any other player in the league either.

Edit: for anyone else thinking  the above, a bit if Internet research suggests its not at all related to impact injury, so almost certainly not impacted by either of the above....

Hopefully not a serious bout and he's given all the time he needs to recover properly.

Edited by MrBlack
Did some googling

I've had shin splints before and it was caused by not stretching the shin area after running. That's not to say Jack hasn't been stretching properly, though they're meant to be avoidable if you do. 

They effectively make running impossible because of the pain in the shin area. Once cleared he'll be able to come straight back in so it definitely won't be as long as the last significant injury he had in the Championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I've had shin splints before and it was caused by not stretching the shin area after running. That's not to say Jack hasn't been stretching properly, though they're meant to be avoidable if you do. 

They effectively make running impossible because of the pain in the shin area. Once cleared he'll be able to come straight back in so it definitely won't be as long as the last significant injury he had in the Championship.

Yeah I've had mild shin splints in the past too and they do make running impossible. Feels like something is pulling either end of your shin in opposite directions. I never knew what caused mine when playing football but I never really did stretches so that may explain it. I'm sure that's not the case with Grealish though. I'm just worried that whatever the injury was in 2019 has left a weakness there. I'm concerned about this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Wasn't the reason he was out so long in 2018/19 because he played on for weeks and aggravated it?

Was it ever fully explained? I've never actually known why he was out for so long. They were worryingly secretive at the time.

Â