The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He put a picture on his instagram story from a box in the North Stand. I'm guessing he just fancied a bit more privacy or a bit more warmth than a seat with Gareth.

Gareth's +1 was Mason lol

As I said before, I don't think it's a really serious injury and the club are covering it up, I think they're just being deliberately opaque to throw off opposing teams preparations. He's such a key player for us that it does have a tangible effect if our opponents don't know when or if he'll be facing them.

26 minutes ago, Mantis said:

As I said before, I don't think it's a really serious injury and the club are covering it up, I think they're just being deliberately opaque to throw off opposing teams preparations. He's such a key player for us that it does have a tangible effect if our opponents don't know when or if he'll be facing them.

He's going to run riot when he comes back because the opposition won't be ready for it and have their 2 right backs and week-long preparation for how they'll be Jack's shadow during the match.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Embarrassing over-reaction

I'd say completely logical. In elite sports every little edge matters and having players play under their own names is just a way to give opponents information about our line up when we can easily stop it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bose said:

I'd say completely logical. In elite sports every little edge matters and having players play under their own names is just a way to give opponents information about our line up when we can easily stop it.

Could we not use it occasionally to send out false info....? remove Jack, opposition drop plans to shadow him, then boom. Here's Jacky.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Seems odd to me professional players would be publicly playing fantasy football.

Maybe it's the connection to gambling in the US, but can't say I've ever heard of any athletes in American sports participating in fantasy sport during their careers.

Its not classed as gambling 

Also I'm sure during the NFL games they have loads of fantasy football adverts starring players, seems strange to me that they'd have a player as the marketing face but then not actually playing 

I really hope we never go the way of American sports and fantasy football

I don't see why it's an overreaction to be honest. It wasn't the source of the leak, but it all but confirmed it. I knew on Friday night that Grealish was almost certainly injured because the rumours had been floating about that he was injured and then a twitter bot that tweets changes made in FPL by teammates revealed that a load of villa players and staff had taken Grealish out of their team. That basically confirmed it.

IF Smith wants things like this to remain behind closed doors then it makes sense to ban players from playing it to be honest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tomav84 said:

apologies if already posted

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56147920

like, what's he going to do? fine neil taylor for taking jack out of his FPL team?

Worse! He’s banned!

My favourite bit of this story is that Rob Marshall was up at 7am to amend his FPL team. That shows dedication beyond the call of duty!

4 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Seems odd to me professional players would be publicly playing fantasy football.

Maybe it's the connection to gambling in the US, but can't say I've ever heard of any athletes in American sports participating in fantasy sport during their careers.

I suppose the betting markets could be manipulated by fantasy transfers? I didnt even realise footballers played it until this Jack fiasco kicked off! I was surprised they are allowed. 

Â