The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I get Man Utd want to pursue Sancho over Grealish in the sense that Grealish is around 5 years older. I'm not sure what sort of price tag Dortmund have slapped on Sancho but can't see it being much different. This is all fine by me by the way, I cannot stand United. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MCU said:

I get Man Utd want to pursue Sancho over Grealish in the sense that Grealish is around 5 years older. I'm not sure what sort of price tag Dortmund have slapped on Sancho but can't see it being much different. This is all fine by me by the way, I cannot stand United

Does your username @MCU stand for Manchester words removed United?

I hope so.

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Does your username @MCU stand for Manchester words removed United?

I hope so.

Could be Manchester Clap United.

got to love the news articles ..Man U don't want to pay big money and demand we drop the price to give Grealish his dream move

United can jog on  , for every offer under our valuation you put in , the price goes up £5m

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

I don’t believe in any of this “corrupt PL” or Man Utd (or any “top four”) favouring stuff for a start. They call Liverpool “LiVARpool” because they believe they get all the decisions. It’s the same for every team. There’s no massive conspiracy - shit decisions happen for every team.

I am a boyhood Villa fan and Villa mean everything to me, but if I were in Grealish’s position I’d move to Man Utd in a heartbeat. I’d want to push on, play for one of the best known and legendary clubs in football, play in the Champions League, earn a massive 6 figure salary and guarantee my place in the England team.

I love Villa but we are irrelevant. We pretend we aren’t but we are. We are as important as Brighton these days. If you have Grealish’s ability you need to be shooting for the stars and then look back at all those medals rather than thinking “gosh I remember that time we comfortably finished 15th”. 

Each to there own i guess Spoony. I personally do think there is a bit of corruption although i realize it is not accepted by many. As for the top 4 thing that was more aimed at the supposed "Champions" League which is actually really now the "top 4 clubs League", a somewhat diluted version of the old European cup in which every team you played were the Champions of their country (or the previous years winners).

Do i think there is a bias/corruption towards the whole top 4? No.

Do i think there is a bias/corruption in favour of Man Utd? 100% yes

That's not to say they are not a huge club, of course they are. I do also feel though that, if these owners are serious, Jack could go on to win silverware here and maybe sooner than we think even. We have been irrelevant for the last however long yes but we could become relevant with proper backing... unless we keep selling our best players of course.

I don't know why I'm posting in this thread other than tagged recently but I was always convinced 99% of articles that were being constantly shat in my Google feed all 2020 about Grealish to Manure were lazy journo BS

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Every club has its star players linked with an unwelcome move at some point. This is nothing special. We lived through years of it with Benteke,.When he got his move it turned out we had seen the best of him and the move was perfect for us. During the time Benetke was here though he really was world class.  Whether he got worse after he left or we just suited him or his injury got him we dont know. 

Anyway, if anyone stressing about Grealish leaving maybe recalling Benteke will help. Sometimes things just work out.

We got relegated and had to endure 3 years in the Championship after Benteke left, I wouldn't say selling him worked out for us.

• Like 4

Great seeing sniffy fans of all clubs annoyed we're apparently asking for so much.

They'll see when we buy a good striker, winger and CM and he's carving teams apart every game next season.

29 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

We got relegated and had to endure 3 years in the Championship after Benteke left, I wouldn't say selling him worked out for us.

And before that selling Barry, Young and Milner. Selling our best players over the years has resulted in our decline, especially when you consider the replacements we wasted our money on in Nzogbia and Ireland. 😠

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

I don’t believe in any of this “corrupt PL” or Man Utd (or any “top four”) favouring stuff for a start. They call Liverpool “LiVARpool” because they believe they get all the decisions. It’s the same for every team. There’s no massive conspiracy - shit decisions happen for every team.

I am a boyhood Villa fan and Villa mean everything to me, but if I were in Grealish’s position I’d move to Man Utd in a heartbeat. I’d want to push on, play for one of the best known and legendary clubs in football, play in the Champions League, earn a massive 6 figure salary and guarantee my place in the England team.

I love Villa but we are irrelevant. We pretend we aren’t but we are. We are as important as Brighton these days. If you have Grealish’s ability you need to be shooting for the stars and then look back at all those medals rather than thinking “gosh I remember that time we comfortably finished 15th”. 

Seriously ? - for the first time we have facts and Liverpool are amongst the highest gainers from VAR decisions ...without VAR they would have 5pts less

And that wouldn't include the extra 2 they got at villa park - where the ref awarded them a free kick, because they didn't score when played advantage.

Then there the " anfield penalty" which was famous in the 70s and 80s 

Plus they seem to whole media in there pocket - any teenager who plays 3 games is massively over hyped until some mug club stumps up £10m for him. Same media who recently run stories saying how little they had spent on transfers !...

Never in a million years are Liverpool playing on a level playing field.

Edited by hippo

13 hours ago, darrenm said:

I've always thought this but been afraid to say out loud. They move in the same way. I haven't seen anyone else glide with the ball like Best did until Grealish.

I've thought it for ages, and then I watched the 1968 European Cup Final again on TV the other night. The way Best moved was very Jack-like. A joy to watch, in both cases. 

• Like 1

I had a good chuckle at that Daily Star piece.

Shock horror, professional footballers like to watch other teams play. 

I’ve unearthed tweets from 2014 of Jack cheering on Barca. Proof that he’s secretly a big admirer and a bid of £50m is incoming. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

I hope whatever happens that we get a quick clarification whether he stays or goes. I don't want pre-season to be a continuous will he/won't he soap opera.

Come on we know that won't happen. Will-won't they transfer sagas are the only thing that keeps the old dying,  awful website clikbait obsessed, red tops still in existence. 

The Birmingham Mail is a stain on the city's reputation. Awful rag.

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I've thought it for ages, and then I watched the 1968 European Cup Final again on TV the other night. The way Best moved was very Jack-like. A joy to watch, in both cases. 

Both have or had great balance. Best was different class though. 

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Point one- with proper management we should finish above Brighton next season. The potential at Villa is ridiculous, hence our recent owners.

Point two- if we are a established premier league side I can't see no reason why he can't get into the England squad anyway. He could go to a top 6 club and not even play.

Point three- we got closer to winning a trophy this year than a lot of so called big clubs like Spurs or Everton, and that's even we had have a tough season in the league.

It's up to Grealish, he may want to move, or he may buy into the owner's ambition and stay at Villa to push on. We just don't know.

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He had some plausible deniability with that excuse that "he's playing in the Championship" (not really because he was capping Mason Mount, who Jack absolutely showed up that season), but now that he's doing the business in the PL, there's no excuse at all. As you say, any other country would be ecstatic at such an exciting young player with the talent that he's got (he's not just another pace merchant winger), especially England you would think who have lacked such a creative player for years.

He has done similar to Maddison who Southgate is not convinced by

Southgate is more than happy to give Barkley and Lingard 20 or 30 caps. clearing in the woods

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

You’re looking at this with Villa tinted glasses on. Jack has expressed he wants to play for England. He’ll want to play champions league football. He’ll back himself to get in the starting line up. 

I’m not saying we should sell, we should hold out for the price and valuation we want. But from a player perspective Jack would be crazy to turn down the move.

If he’d come through in O’Neils tenure he’d probably been sold at a lot younger age. 

If he'd come through in 2010-11 he'd have been very much to Houllier's liking and we still had Young and Downing around for that season. Think the next season under McLeish was when he first made the bench although he was very young then.

If Man Utd sign him, would he be brought in as a LW? because I can't see him playing centrally with Bruno and Pogba in their, LW seems the problem position in their squad to me. I assume Sancho will cover one wing and Grealish the other, but if he doesn't see himself as a LW and more a CAM would he want to make that move and be shoehorned out wide? When he could wait another season for interest from elsewhere or go abroad.

In all honesty I think the club that suits him best is Chelsea and think he'd flourish there but not sure they would be willing to match the asking price. 

Â