The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

How much did arsenal pay for pepe?? 

He'd walk in to that team and be one of their best players

They've got too big a rebuild to do though to spend that much on him, they could spend double that of the defence 

They wont bid more than 25 million for Partey, Atletico told them 45 million buyout clause or nothing. This is a player they need but Arsenal refuse to go higher 

They are in top team terms broke

Edited by Zatman

The arrogance of ManUre fans is sickening... 

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/hzyqow/jack_grealish_should_stick_with_aston_villa_at/

Do you see your club making the right signings (or even making signings) that keep you up next year?

So, you're going to do a Leciester next season aren't you?

He'll move on IMO. £80 million will become £60-65 million when teams get to the negotiation table.

I better hope he push hard for a move or he will end like Zaha rotting at a club too big for him

Its in both his and Villas interest that he leaves this summer

They will get the most money and he leaves as a hero

If he doesnt have a great season next season and they get relegated Villa lose so much, and before someone says you want him to leave so he joins United, no i dont think we should spend over 70m on a backup

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

They're even worse on their forum. They act like they're doing us a favour by signing him and we should just take whatever they give us. Mind you all that's circulating is bs rumors since he scored a worldie against them so it's funny seeing them act like they got this wrapped up.

I have never in my life seen as big a media drive as relentless and for as long a period of time than this Jack Grealish to Man Utd one. It has been disgusting. Its as if we’re Luton Town playing in League One and we’re blocking the best homegrown kids path to Real Madrid

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They're even worse on their forum. They act like they're doing us a favour by signing him and we should just take whatever they give us. Mind you all that's circulating is bs rumors since he scored a worldie against them so it's funny seeing them act like they got this wrapped up.

They would say whatever they could to make themselves sound like they are the heroes by signing Grealish.

I cant stand the fans, let's face it if Grealish goes there and is utilised properly he possibly turns them back into a title winning team again because hed be the missing piece they need who halts a team on field and draws fouls. I for one am against making this ivory tower club and fan base even better. If there fans cant justify spending that much on a player even if hes back up then they do not deserve him. I do not want to see Grealish playing second fiddle to others, it's just not right.

Keep Jack and tell them to sling there hook and be done with all this. If Grealish is certainly go to leave just to take the piss I'd sell him to Man city for cheaper than what they wanted him which would annoy them tons.

I think we will keep him though, I hope we do and Grealish when put around much better quality like skilled players makes them eat a few goals next season. We just need to keep the lad now and add to the squad players that can play football like him or better, we need smart players who use there head, can change games real quick and have the heart to never say were not done.

To be fair with our current circumstances I think Grealish would be crackers to leave without giving it a good try so long as were moving up and up the ladder season by season. Why would Jack not want to be apart of all that Villa could be in the future so long as we start really improving now. Next season we should have a subs bench capable of changing games, a first team that is able to win, hopefully a coach that has also learnt a few things and can change games outcomes because he has the players to do so and has had a bit of time learning as he has a season under him.

I have faith that if Grealish stays that we sign the right players we will be in europe ourselves in two seasons time, three tops, grealish if he thinks that's a possibility should stay.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Utd fans on football v real life, 

Why price him out of his dream move, he wants to come to us, kept you up, and that's how they repay him,.

Real life

I want to buy your car. I know it's served you well' probably took your missus to the hospital in labour. I know it got you to hospital when your kid swallowed a marble. 

We have a lovely garage, we'll polish it every day and we'll drive it in the countryside every Sunday and maybe a trip to the south of France once a year.

Can I buy it from you for £5000.

Bugger off it's worth at least £8000

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, colhint said:

Utd fans on football v real life, 

Why price him out of his dream move, he wants to come to us, kept you up, and that's how they repay him,.

Real life

I want to buy your car. I know it's served you well' probably took your missus to the hospital in labour. I know it got you to hospital when your kid swallowed a marble. 

We have a lovely garage, we'll polish it every day and we'll drive it in the countryside every Sunday and maybe a trip to the south of France once a year.

Can I buy it from you for £5000.

Bugger off it's worth at least £8000

Or from another point of view, the club have invested well over a decade of money, training and development into a young lad knowing there a 1-100 chance of him becoming a first team regular, but giving him his shot at a dream that most kids would give their right arm for.

He's now repaying the club with performances that are driving us forward.

People seem to forget that clubs invest a lot in these kids in the front end, and that selling them to Man United isn't the end game for a lot of us.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming of the pre-prem days when your star player retired on the back of a testimonial and bought a local pub.

• Like 1

TBH, I think Jack will stay with us as long as he feels like his ambition for the club is being matched by that of our owners.  If they keep investing in better and better players around him, and we keep making deep cup runs, why would Jack leave?  Winning the League/FA cup for Villa and get us challenging for Europe again would be more of a dream come true for the lad than winning the Premier League or playing in the Champions League for one of the Manchester clubs.

Also, look at James Ward-Prowse...  Another elite English player at Jack's age, maybe not Jack's level, but still is extremely class.  Signed a new deal at Soton, took the armband, and says he never wants to leave.  Playing week in and week out for your boyhood club vs being a rotational player at a richer club isn't always worth it.

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I have never in my life seen as big a media drive as relentless and for as long a period of time than this Jack Grealish to Man Utd one. It has been disgusting. Its as if we’re Luton Town playing in League One and we’re blocking the best homegrown kids path to Real Madrid

Dont underestimate their commitment to getting him away, they have been at it for years with Jack. They put a shift in to get Benteke to Liverpool for years till they eventually succeeded. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Well the only way that stops is the day we become so hard nosed and difficult to deal with (which I think these owners will be) whilst clearly making progress on the pitch and showing ambition with our signings that people and the media actually sit up and take notice that we’re serious about getting back to the top end again. Of course it takes time but clear, gradual progress will allow Jack and others to feel good about whats going on. Just want him to be defiant himself and tell the world “im taking my club back to where it should be and i dont want to be anywhere else”

If there was ever a time to say ‘not for sale’ and meaning in, its now. If you cant play hardball With a boyhood fan who loves the club, for the good of AVFC, then whats the point. He wont kick up a fuss so we have nothing to lose. If he does id be extremely disappointed.

This is the time now for us to kick on. No room for sentiment. Under contract top class players simply are not allowed to leave.

This window is huge.

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Also, look at James Ward-Prowse...  Another elite English player at Jack's age, maybe not Jack's level, but still is extremely class.  Signed a new deal at Soton, took the armband, and says he never wants to leave.  Playing week in and week out for your boyhood club vs being a rotational player at a richer club isn't always worth it.

And winning nothing and not getting the England caps he probably deserves.

Im all for believing we are a big club and why would a home grown supporting captain who is already a millionaire want to leave this great club.

When you hit a certain level of ability it becomes about the competition, ambition and competitiveness of the player. I think Jack has that and would believe he would get into a starting 11.

Omg who wants a laugh? the express are now trying to tell us grealish as a united fan as a kid :crylaugh:

Man Utd tell Jack Grealish his role in squad as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer eyes transfer

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to sign Aston Villa star Jack Grealish this transfer window.

Manchester United have told Jack Grealish he won’t be a certain starter if he moves to Old Trafford this transfer window, reports say. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains keen on signing the Aston Villa star, despite claims interest has cooled. But whether they’re able to land the 24-year-old is something only time will tell.

According to The Independent, United are still keen to sign Grealish this transfer window as they eye the Premier League title next season.

The 24-year-old impressed under Dean Smith this term, with his goal against West Ham on Sunday enough to keep his side in the top flight for another year.

Yet should he move to United, he reportedly won’t be a starter.

It’s claimed this has been communicated to Grealish, who is expected to leave Villa this summer for a new challenge elsewhere.

He grew up supporting United as a child, with old posts on his Twitter account showing him to have been a huge fan of the Red Devils.

Unbelievable bollocks

Â