The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Good game, top player. 

I still think Jack and McGinn are playing in positions that suit the others strengths, i find it baffling. 

McGinn strengths are coming from deep and Jack needs to be further forward imo.

If he is enough for other teams to make sure he is snuffed out at the expense of space for our other attacking players, he stays in the team....end of.

His time will come soon.  Looking at his social media, last night was a HUGE personal weight lifted!!

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A big chunk of me thinks Mings should be our captain, but i won't lose sleep over it.

Not for me. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Since Jack was given captaincy our record as been impeccable, his performances have been top notch (as has Mings). 

As for last night, he played well in a good team performance, he ain't going to run games for 90 minutes like he did in the Championship but he can (and will) make a positive impact.

As others have alluded to, it's nice to see we have other "match winners" in our squad now. 

32 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well that says it all.

Genuinly can't wait for us to replace him. 

No player is immune from criticism if it’s deserved. But based on last nights performance why does Jack deserve criticism? What did he do wrong? Played a role in the first goal, won free kicks in dangerous positions, barely lost the ball. 

Who would you replace him with?

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A big chunk of me thinks Mings should be our captain, but i won't lose sleep over it.

I’m not sure what would be improved by that.

We currently have a few captains on the pitch (Mings, Heaton and Jack all provide leadership out there) but Jack holding the armband seems to have been great for his maturing as a player, so long may it continue. 

Made plenty of tackles and interceptions. A very good defensive display. Made some good incisive passes forward and his interplay with mcginn even had Neville and Carragher ogling over them. 

We beat one of the favourites to disrupt the top 6. Cant fault anyone on that pitch today.

I think some people think he's had a bad game if he doesn't completely dominate the match. 

We're not playing Rotherham and Millwall anymore, he's not going to be able to just take the piss out of the opposing team and glide through the lot of them, he has to play a much less flashy game at this level, but he played well, imo. He's still making an incredible amount of space for the rest of the team. 

• Like 1

Â