The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

7 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just for nostalgia, flicked back to page 1 of this thread. That's some comparison from SGC!

Well if they're good enough, they're old enough (said AJ). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It seems some of you want Jack to go more than Jack wants to go.....

I stated this the other day

Some of the reading has been alienating reading to say the least.

Happy if he goes to Spurs..

Happy he will leave for £15m..

Happy to take Onomah as a replacement in the deal..

He is Villa through and through and I hope he tells any potential buyers to go and **** themselves and Xia/Bruce to do one if they try selling him.

He is a massive asset to this club and should not even be mentioned at even being sold under any circumstance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I stated this the other day

Some of the reading has been alienating reading to say the least.

Happy if he goes to Spurs..

Happy he will leave for £15m..

Happy to take Onomah as a replacement in the deal..

He is Villa through and through and I hope he tells any potential buyers to go and **** themselves and Xia/Bruce to do one if they try selling him.

He is a massive asset to this club and should not even be mentioned at even being sold under any circumstance.

Add "Way too good for us and needs to go fulfil his potential", "Will be good to see him finally fulfill his potential at Spurs".

WTF??? lol

• Like 2

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Jack does not want to go, but is being forced by his agent not us, due to the financial situation here.

If he doesn't want to go surely he just rejects any contracts put in front of him by other clubs?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think in a lot of cases it's people being resigned to him leaving and trying to come to terms with it. It's like when you desperately try to find some acceptance in advance of being disappointed so as to soften the blow when it happens. It sums up how hopeless the feeling is at the moment. 

Personally, I've snapped out of it. I'd rather me gf pack her bags than Jack leave the Villa.

For as long as I can remember, whenever we have decent players, they always go and there has always been an inevitability about it. It hurts each and every time when all we've ever wanted is for the good players to want to stay and build something special to get this club back to the top. From the Yorkes to the Milners, Youngs, Bentekes, whoever, when theyre good it sucks, it always feels like we get stabbed in the back (Fabian).

But the one big difference now is that Jack Grealish is the one who actually wants to stay and would probably accept earning 5x less than he can easily get in the Prem, because he is as die hard Villa as the rest of us. But this is the time we're in supposed financial meltdown and dont really have an option. Its heartbreaking stuff. Going to be excruciating if he is to be tearing things up in a dirty Tottenham shirt, but I will follow his career closely and wish him the best. Brilliant talent.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

For as long as I can remember, whenever we have decent players, they always go and there has always been an inevitability about it. It hurts each and every time when all we've ever wanted is for the good players to want to stay and build something special to get this club back to the top. From the Yorkes to the Milners, Youngs, Bentekes, whoever, when theyre good it sucks, it always feels like we get stabbed in the back (Fabian).

But the one big difference now is that Jack Grealish is the one who actually wants to stay and would probably accept earning 5x less than he can easily get in the Prem, because he is as die hard Villa as the rest of us. But this is the time we're in supposed financial meltdown and dont really have an option. Its heartbreaking stuff. Going to be excruciating if he is to be tearing things up in a dirty Tottenham shirt, but I will follow his career closely and wish him the best. Brilliant talent.

I think he will also want to go but would like the best possible deal for Villa as well as himself.

Fan or no fan he has to think of his future. 

He is a top talent and I’ll also follow his career. But I don’t think he will the player that many fans think he will be. A very good Premier League player yes. Not a world beater by any stretch. 

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he will also want to go but would like the best possible deal for Villa as well as himself.

Fan or no fan he has to think of his future. 

He is a top talent and I’ll also follow his career. But I don’t think he will the player that many fans think he will be. A very good Premier League player yes. Not a world beater by any stretch. 

depends on the definition or world beater I guess, he’s playing at a level now where to shine he needs centre forwards and wingers at the top of their game. It’s possible with his ability, for me, that he could start regularly for a top side in this country and perform in the CL.

I imagine Spurs will be looking at him in a Modric-type role, where what he brings to the table is to get Kane, Son, Alli, Eriksen etc into more dangerous positions, and I think that’s probably the position with the highest ceiling for him.

If and when, I’ll be following closely - unless he turns up at **** Liverpool.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

it’s acceptance, I can’t kid myself into thinking he will stay forever and also knowing it might be for the benefit of the clubs future. I’ll be sad if we have to sell for hundreds of reasons, I want him in a Villa shirt but not playing against Crawley in league 2. Partly, wanting him to go on to unbelievable success is to justify why he had to leave.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

This would be great news, but where have you seen this?

21 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why is everyone so certain he wants to stay?

Reports have said he is keen to stay.

Although i'm not sure if the seeming willingness of Villa fans to sell him might change his mind... lol

23 minutes ago, a m ole said:

it’s acceptance, I can’t kid myself into thinking he will stay forever and also knowing it might be for the benefit of the clubs future. I’ll be sad if we have to sell for hundreds of reasons, I want him in a Villa shirt but not playing against Crawley in league 2. Partly, wanting him to go on to unbelievable success is to justify why he had to leave.

"Acceptance".

We can cut lots of cloth and still be able to pay his wages, and build a young team around him.

He is a Villa fan and just might want to play a big part in our revival.

Going by multiple reports he wants to stay and the club want him to stay.

smh.

I'm almost certain he wants to give us one more year at least.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Acceptance".

We can cut lots of cloth and still be able to pay his wages, and build a young team around him.

He is a Villa fan and just might want to play a big part in our revival.

Going by multiple reports he wants to stay and the club want him to stay.

smh.

I'm almost certain he wants to give us one more year at least.

I am still with you in the hope/denial stage (whichever you want to call it) with Jack. We must do all we can to keep the lad here for another season. If he stays I feel promotion is still a possibility for us in the coming season. Some of the other players can be replaced a little easier, Jack on the other hand is a key player for us and will be a lot harder to replace.

• Like 2

Â