Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm probably as late to this party as I am to all of them but Succession really is awesome. I don't know how they've made a show filled with the most horrible people in the world yet still made it compelling viewing.

• Like 2

Just now, hogso said:

Was it Baddiel's mask or Gamble's TM theme? 

David Baddiel's mask.  I just absolutely lost it and couldnt believe it actually looked quite decent in the end :lol: 

Also I'm a bit in love with Rose Matafeo and Katy Wicks.  It's definitely been one of my favourite series.

• Like 1

good finish to wu tang and 7 episodes in to top boy that's an excellent series, better than before, seems more polished in a lot of ways but still raw in others (Dushane's mom and the immigrant lady don't sound like actors, probably people they just know) seeing as he doesn't like acting kano is excellent, I need subtitles for some of it though and not a clue how they suck their teeth like that, the contrasting lives of Jamie is superbly done

buuuuuut...the main one is bake off! set up a good final, steph is almost too obvious, from memory in last years final all 3 did shit and the guy who won it shouldn't have (should have gone out in an earlier round)

Loved season 3 of Stranger Things - thought they got the dynamics of the pairings/groups spot on.

particularly liked the Steve, Robin, Dustin and Erica scenes. 

Spoiler

Don’t think Hopper is properly gone due to the post credit scene in the Russian military lock up.

Also felt a little sad for Billy (who had the best ridiculous haircut) but at least he ‘redeemed’ himself at the end.

Roll on season 4! 

• Like 2

I've watced a few episodes of Tokyo Vampire Hotel, zany and a lot of over the top violence, reminds me of a cross between Quentin Tarantino and the film Hausu. Sion Siono who directed it is famous for his film Love Exposure.

• Like 1

Finished Life on Mars. Marvellous stuff, just like I remembered. 

Great ending as well, really finishes the show off well. 

Ashes to Ashes now...

58 minutes ago, useless said:

I've watced a few episodes of Tokyo Vampire Hotel, zany and a lot of over the top violence, reminds me of a cross between Quentin Tarantino and the film Hausu. Sion Siono who directed it is famous for his film Love Exposure.

On my list. Sion Sono is one of my favourite directors. His 'Hate' trilogy is superb.

I'm hoping Watchmen will be one of those shows that will excel as a complete series once it's all put together because so far the episodes as stand alone ones and build up have been pretty meh.

Lots of nods and Easter eggs to link it to the source material but so far that's about it for me.

It's OK, certainly not blown away by it, I imagine that for people watching who hasn't read the comic or even seen the movie this will be a bit of a mess so far.

Still early days.

On to the second War of The Worlds TV-shows of the autumn.

This one is the Canal+ and FNG produced one starring among others Gabriel Byrne.

Have to say I quite enjoyed the pilot. Much better than the BBC mini-series from a few weeks back.

7 episodes available (or leaked) so since I have Mondays off that's my day sorted.

Make sure you have subtitles as much of the dialog is in French

Edit: Nope, turns out this is pretty poor as well.

Edited by sne

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Has anyone started watching Pennyworth? Heard good things about it.

I think Amazon Prime released it on the 25th Oct, if so then I'll be checking it out as this looks decent.

Â