Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Can you class a 20-30 minute weekly episode on YouTube as the equivalent of TV?? 

I discovered hot ones last night, the premise is an interviewer asking celebs questions whilst they eat hot wings of increasingly hotter strength

Started with the noel Gallagher episode and ended up 4 episodes later on Gordon Ramsey, the interviewer is one of the best I've seen in a while and I was surprised at how much the celebs buy in to it and enjoy themselves (noel gives great answers if he enjoys the questions - if you like him try his Frank skinner interview from last year or more recently his dermot oleary interview but this is more enjoyable than both) 

While I'm on musicians being interviewed - James blunt was on Norton last night, shit music but the guys hilarious 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Started watching Rick and Morty. Cracks me up! 

Best animated show ever! Starts again in early November. (Possibly behind first 10 season of Simpson’s actually).

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Finished the 7th (and final) season of Elementary 

Overall a very good show. Not an all time classic but JLM and Liu and both very watchable and some great support actors in there as well. 

• Like 1

The Joker yesterday has gotten me in a bit of DC mood, so having heard it's actually quite good, I watched the pilot of Swamp Thing.

It actually is quite good. You kinda have to accept a degree of hokeyness, it's a show about a plant man that runs around a swamp attacking anything that threatens the environment after all, but accepting that, it's not bad. They've doubled down on the horror elements, which fits Swamp Thing, and they've made the whole thing dirty and sickly which is again, perfect. Most surprisingly though, it looks like the effects guys watched the Thing a couple of dozen times. There's a lot of effects here that recall the autopsy scene, and it's not afraid of a bit of body horror. It even evokes Hannibal a bit.

Is it prestige TV? No, not by any stretch. The actors strike you as fairly er... affordable, it is silly, and by the end of the pilot I reckon I could map out the major plot points. But it's a pretty well made, fun slice of comic book horror that isn't capes gunning around American cities.

On the basis of Swamp Thing being half decent I'm prepared to give DC's '**** Batman', teen angst out of its arse, Titans a crack. I've heard from a lot of people that its actually alright, so we'll see.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

The Joker yesterday has gotten me in a bit of DC mood, so having heard it's actually quite good, I watched the pilot of Swamp Thing.

It actually is quite good. You kinda have to accept a degree of hokeyness, it's a show about a plant man that runs around a swamp attacking anything that threatens the environment after all, but accepting that, it's not bad. They've doubled down on the horror elements, which fits Swamp Thing, and they've made the whole thing dirty and sickly which is again, perfect. Most surprisingly though, it looks like the effects guys watched the Thing a couple of dozen times. There's a lot of effects here that recall the autopsy scene, and it's not afraid of a bit of body horror. It even evokes Hannibal a bit.

Is it prestige TV? No, not by any stretch. The actors strike you as fairly er... affordable, it is silly, and by the end of the pilot I reckon I could map out the major plot points. But it's a pretty well made, fun slice of comic book horror that isn't capes gunning around American cities.

On the basis of Swamp Thing being half decent I'm prepared to give DC's '**** Batman', teen angst out of its arse, Titans a crack. I've heard from a lot of people that its actually alright, so we'll see.

I really enjoyed Titans. Looking forward to s2.

Sadly Swamp Thing kinda fizzled out.

Started good but I gave up after 7 or 8 episodes.

In other DC news they are apparently doing a cross over thing in "Arrowverse" about Crisis on Infinite Earths.

So I'm guessing a DC TV-version of Endgame :D 

Edited by sne

Crisis on Infinite Earth's in the comics was basically an event designed to let DC try to fix the colossal mess they'd got into with their multiverse, the idea being that they'd basically reset the entire DC continuity in a single storyline that happened to kill off an awful lot of the continuity in the process.

I can't imagine the Arrowverse version is actually going to bear much resemblance to the comic. If nothing else the comic storyline ran for over a year and I don't see the CW culling it's (admittedly overstuffed) DC lineup.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I really enjoyed Titans. Looking forward to s2.

The pilot was better than I expected but it's very YA dark and the take on Raven is kinda embarrassingly bad so far. But it wasn't the disaster that horrible, horrible SDCC trailer made it out to be.

As Breaking Bad is back on everyones lips with the new epilogue movie El Camino has anyone watched the Colombian remake of Breaking Bad?

It's called Metastasis and has a solid 2.6/10 ration on IMBD :D 

We get to follow Walter Blanco in his misadventures during 2 seasons.

Metástasis Poster

Just completed all three series of Narcos. Superb.

Gripping TV with hints of realism by showing original tv footage.

A great performance from Juan Mercia as Pablo Escabar.

Incredible how deep the corruption was along with the violence.

And now as a bonus there is another series for me to watch....Narcos Mexico.....

spacer.png

• Like 1

:lol: I saw "Colombian remake of breaking bad" and instantly thought why not just watch narcos so well timed

its a great series, mexico for me sat at about the same level as series 3, its not as shocking as the escobar stuff whilst at the same time series 3 and 4 both suffer from the cool escobar trivia that they captured like him having a zoo, losing millions to rats and not knowing where he buried all of his money, the main characters after are good but my own ignorance as to who they are changes things

11 hours ago, imavillan said:

Just completed all three series of Narcos. Superb.

Gripping TV with hints of realism by showing original tv footage.

A great performance from Juan Mercia as Pablo Escabar.

Incredible how deep the corruption was along with the violence.

And now as a bonus there is another series for me to watch....Narcos Mexico.....

spacer.png

I watched this years ago but for some reason got bored on season two and never saw the last episode. I think I need to revisit it after I’ve finished Rick and Morty. 

Â