Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We've just gone back to watching Spiral, from series one. Great stuff. 

I’m too simple to be able to get into foreign language films/series.

I feel like you need to be a certain type of person to enjoy them...you don’t happen to wear brothel creepers and have a pudding bowl haircut do you?

40 minutes ago, Xela said:

All series of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes on iPlayer.

Going to binge on them over the weekend. 

Not sure if you have already watched them previously, but they are bloody brilliant.  The music alone is worth the watch.  :thumb:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Not sure if you have already watched them previously, but they are bloody brilliant.  The music alone is worth the watch.  :thumb:

Yeah watched them when they first aired and loved them. But it was nearly 14 years ago when Life on Mars started 😱

Love the motors in there as well... Gene's Mk3 Ford Cortina GXL in the first episode :cheers:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I’m too simple to be able to get into foreign language films/series.

I feel like you need to be a certain type of person to enjoy them...you don’t happen to wear brothel creepers and have a pudding bowl haircut do you?

If that's a reference to anything in particular, I don't get it. But, no. And no. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

What a great series engranage was. The lead woman is fit as ****.

• Thanks 1

I bloody love Spiral. I usually watch this kind of thing with the wife but for some reason she didn't connect with this at all, whereas I'm a huge fan.

17 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

I bloody love Spiral. I usually watch this kind of thing with the wife but for some reason she didn't connect with this at all, whereas I'm a huge fan.

Fortunately my missus is a big Spiral fan, too. We only discovered it at series five, which is why we've gone back to the start to fill in the backstory. I thought each series would be a self-contained case, but S1 clearly leaves plotlines unresolved for S2. One thing we both remarked on was the astonishingly realistic (and gruesome) autopsy scenes. I trust the make-up team got the French equivalent of a BAFTA. And as Hitz says, Caroline Proust is very attractive! 

Fortunately my missus is a big Spiral fan, too. We only discovered it at series five, which is why we've gone back to the start to fill in the backstory. I thought each series would be a self-contained case, but S1 clearly leaves plotlines unresolved for S2. One thing we both remarked on was the astonishingly realistic (and gruesome) autopsy scenes. I trust the make-up team got the French equivalent of a BAFTA. And as Hitz says, Caroline Proust is very attractive! 

She's got something alright. 

21 hours ago, Xela said:

All series of Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes on iPlayer.

Going to binge on them over the weekend. 

Never really got into Life on Mars but I loved Ashes to Ashes. Did we ever get a conclusive ending to what the actual f**k was going on? Not that it mattered it was still a great show - "Fire up the Quattro" :D

Fire-Up-The-Quattro.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Still wary. But then I guess I am a Watchmen purist...

Me too to an extent, but I like what I’ve read so far. A lot of positive comments on the world that is being built on the foundations of the original story. 

I have seen a comment saying there are a couple of bits that fans of the original may find a bit controversial, but on the whole it sounds very promising. 

One thing for certain, it looks visually stunning. 

Not sure how I feel after watching the Watchmen pilot.

Didn't quite feel like Watchmen to me. But since it's 30 years after the events in the comic things will be different.

Yet, early days and it's hard to build a world in just 1 episode. 

I'm always vary of Damon Lindelof stuff, I'm not a fan. Usually tons of side tracks and clues that leads to absolutely nothing and his stuff usually falls apart halfway in.

That said it was a pretty solid-ish pilot and it's always fun that people seem to go all hissy fit because of the show "pushing the liberal agenda" :D 

Spoiler

Bit silly of Don Jonson to go driving all alone in the middle of the night like that but drives the plot forward I guess.

Will certainly keep watching.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

I'm always vary of Damon Lindelof stuff, I'm not a fan. Usually tons of side tracks and clues that leads to absolutely nothing 

the leftovers was incredible but definitely guilty of that but he somehow made that part of the magic of that show

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the leftovers was incredible but definitely guilty of that but he somehow made that part of the magic of that show

The Leftovers is one of the truly great shows of the last few years. Absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 2

Any other fans of a bit of Teenage Angst & misery along the lines of 13 Reasons Why, Sex Education etc should give Looking for Alaska a try, Only 8 episodes, On hulu or your usual dodgy internet site.

Based on The John Green novel (Also wrote Paper towns, fault in our stars & more)

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I never watched the leftovers because its name reminded me of cold potatoes and that one pea that fell on the carpet. 

I never watched it because I have yet to forgive Justin Theroux for his "Irish" accent in Charlies Angels

Â