Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I watched this years ago but for some reason got bored on season two and never saw the last episode. I think I need to revisit it after I’ve finished Rick and Morty. 

Go for it, but as its been a while since you watched it i suggest you start from episode 1 and binge watch it.

Very enjoyable first episode of Marianne on Netflix.

Suitably creepy atmosphere, with good performances and some really sparse, eerie cinematography to compliment the story.

Just make sure you switch off the awful dubbing and watch the subtitled version. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Very enjoyable first episode of Marianne on Netflix.

Suitably creepy atmosphere, with good performances and some really sparse, eerie cinematography to compliment the story.

Just make sure you switch off the awful dubbing and watch the subtitled version. 

Never understand how people prefer to watched dubbed in to English rather than just read subtitles.  

Inagine something like Gommorah dubbed. Just wouldn’t work. 

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 19:57, Vive_La_Villa said:

Never understand how people prefer to watched dubbed in to English rather than just read subtitles.  

Inagine something like Gommorah dubbed. Just wouldn’t work. 

I can't even do dubbed anime, unless it's a Ghibli where they get some big gun actors in.

• Like 1

It's an age old debate. Well, for as long as things have been dubbed, anyway.

Excellent dubs do exist, and there are more good ones now than there used to be - but I'd be far more comfortable watching a dubbed anime than a dubbed live action foreign language series.

4 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Dark on Netflix I thought was dubbed pretty well except the odd character here and there

I lasted about a minute of it before I switched to subtitles. 

• Like 3

Just now, mjmooney said:

I lasted about a minute of it before I switched to subtitles. 

Watching that subtitled would confuse the shit outta me I don't mind admitting that! So much going on and so many charters. Just don't look at their lips when they are talking and it's fine lol 

Finally got around to Catch 22  ( well I've just finished episode 4 , will finish it tonight )

not your traditional war story  but some funny moments and a satirical  look at war with the usual incompetent officer stereotype  .. the boy has been watching it with me and his attention threshold is usually about 1 min 17 seconds , so high praise indeed for the show

Might have to read the book now

• Like 1

Â