Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I think maybe the end of the 3rd series of BWE he gets one of the stand out moments of the entire show

he was good in that everton kid killing drama too, he can do a lot without having to say much, got a great range of emotion in his face, im also convinced a good chunk of this is England is ad lib and him and McClure have some great chemistry together (not seen LoD so not sure if they are together again)

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

Never seen Snatch. Think I did watch a couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire and meant to go back to it, but never did and amid the tsunami of new shows that have emerged since, didn't go back. Did he play an Al Capone character - or even the al capone?

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This Is England, Save Me, Gangs of New York, Band of Brothers

Atticus in Taboo, aswell. I **** loved Taboo.

I have use for you...

• Like 1

Second season of Derry Girls was very good. whilst the Inbetweeners comparison is easily made, it's well written and weaves in real life events from in and around Londonderry in the early nineties. 

just read there will be a third season too :)

• Like 1

about 4 or 5 years I think

im not that fussed by it if im honest...to me it does feel a bit tired, I've watched the 1st episode and the fresh water episode, the camera work and what they capture is as spectacular as ever, there are a couple of moments per episode that are breathtaking (the 1st episode with the million odd birds dive bombing for fish was incredible) but at the same time it feels like old ground, watching a wolf / lion / jaguar hunt, been done to death by now so looking pretty is no longer enough and at times it feels a shame that some of the conservation stuff is tacked on, they do a piece on a fish stealing shells which is cool, they then show mating, SDA then says something for 4 seconds about pollution and oxygen levels in the water dropping and these fish being in danger and then moves on, I wouldn't mind him going in to detail or them trying to show it, im not worried about a bit of science being thrown in but that will probably scare away their audience, would be better if they made a show somewhere in between human planet and planet earth (which when they showed 30 seconds of them fishing the Mekong river they come close to, they talk about man made dams ruining rivers...why don't they show it in detail?)

I'll watch it and probably find a lot more enjoyment from it but I'm not eagerly anticipating it in the same way I have planet earth and blue planet in the past

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

about 4 or 5 years I think

im not that fussed by it if im honest...to me it does feel a bit tired, I've watched the 1st episode and the fresh water episode, the camera work and what they capture is as spectacular as ever, there are a couple of moments per episode that are breathtaking (the 1st episode with the million odd birds dive bombing for fish was incredible) but at the same time it feels like old ground, watching a wolf / lion / jaguar hunt, been done to death by now so looking pretty is no longer enough and at times it feels a shame that some of the conservation stuff is tacked on, they do a piece on a fish stealing shells which is cool, they then show mating, SDA then says something for 4 seconds about pollution and oxygen levels in the water dropping and these fish being in danger and then moves on, I wouldn't mind him going in to detail or them trying to show it, im not worried about a bit of science being thrown in but that will probably scare away their audience, would be better if they made a show somewhere in between human planet and planet earth (which when they showed 30 seconds of them fishing the Mekong river they come close to, they talk about man made dams ruining rivers...why don't they show it in detail?)

I'll watch it and probably find a lot more enjoyment from it but I'm not eagerly anticipating it in the same way I have planet earth and blue planet in the past

This just makes me sad. When people are so used to mass information and technology they can get used to what you see in that show. I've just watched 1,5 episodes, but I've already lost count over the amount of times I am in awe. 

The pack of hunting dogs was probably one of the easier shots to take, but I thought it was amazingly well done. 

• Like 1

Yeah it's disappointed me!

Love this kind of show but not sure if this one is a bit more scattergun and trying too much, it's jumping around showing you stuff whilst at the same time trying to tell you something, could do with slowing down at times 

True Detective season 3. On par with, if not better than season 1. Absolutely crushing at times. Season 1 still has the best awe moment though with that amazing 6 minute continuous shot as they raid a house though. Immense. 

Watched The Case Against Adnan Syed recently too. Engaging and enraging. 

I am a true crime ho. Fake crime too whilst we're at it 😄

41 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Erm, if you're concerned about things OTT in season one, I have some bad news...

Gah! Probably won't continue with it. It's great entertainment but I find that plot in that setting too implausible. 

2 hours ago, coda said:

Gah! Probably won't continue with it. It's great entertainment but I find that plot in that setting too implausible. 

Great series and what is OTT in season 1? I have just started re-watching it all!

Police corruption surely happens... just look at the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad! 

On 10/04/2019 at 23:42, theboyangel said:

Second season of Derry Girls was very good. whilst the Inbetweeners comparison is easily made, it's well written and weaves in real life events from in and around Londonderry in the early nineties. 

just read there will be a third season too :)

Didn’t think it was as good as the first series, but still a good watch

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didn’t think it was as good as the first series, but still a good watch

I thought the episode with the Take That concert was one of the best. Had me in bits.

also thought the second season developed the fringe characters (particularly the Dad) really well. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah it's disappointed me!

Love this kind of show but not sure if this one is a bit more scattergun and trying too much, it's jumping around showing you stuff whilst at the same time trying to tell you something, could do with slowing down at times 

Yup the editing is abysmal. Nothing is given time to breathe and the beauty gets lost in the constant theme changes and tone shifts.

There's no Hoppipolla euphoria here sadly but you'll remember to put the recycling out. 

This is better.

Much better.

• Like 1

Â