Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Great series and what is OTT in season 1? I have just started re-watching it all!

Police corruption surely happens... just look at the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad! 

I don't want to spoil it for anyone else seven years behind. I was just expecting something more realistic and the end of episode 2 I felt it started to go too far.   

On 11/04/2019 at 10:14, villa4europe said:

SDA then says something for 4 seconds about pollution and oxygen levels in the water dropping and these fish being in danger and then moves on, I wouldn't mind him going in to detail or them trying to show it, im not worried about a bit of science being thrown in but that will probably scare away their audience, would be better if they made a show somewhere in between human planet and planet earth (which when they showed 30 seconds of them fishing the Mekong river they come close to, they talk about man made dams ruining rivers...why don't they show it in detail?)

You might be in luck 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2019/16/climate-change-the-facts

Sir David Attenborough presents and narrates a new landmark film for BBC One.

The documentary will provide an urgent look at the science of climate change and the potential solutions to this global threat, combining footage that reveals the already devastating impact of climate change on our planet, with interviews from some of the world’s leading climate scientists.

Whether it just focuses on the impact to just humans or includes wildlife I can’t quite tell after a 2 min google.

Black Summer is absolutely woeful. Terrible television. Zero character development. Have absolutely no idea what motivates anyone. The people make the dumbest decisions ever to the point that it's laughable. I'm on about episode 8 and I don't know a single name of any character. 

An example of how stupid it is... A guy is getting chased by a zombie, zombies can't open doors, he runs through multiple buildings trying to escape this zombie, every time he runs through a door, instead of closing it, he'll do something stupid like throw a washing basket at the zombie. The whole thing is retarded.

Edited by PieFacE

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Black Summer is absolutely woeful. Terrible television. Zero character development. Have absolutely no idea what motivates anyone. The people make the dumbest decisions ever to the point that it's laughable. I'm on about episode 8 and I don't know a single name of any character. 

An example of how stupid it is... A guy is getting chased by a zombie, zombies can't open doors, he runs through multiple buildings trying to escape this zombie, every time he runs through a door, instead of closing it, he'll do something stupid like throw a washing basket at the zombie. The whole thing is retarded.

Gave up after the 2nd episode, so you've done well to get to episode 8.

23 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Black Summer is absolutely woeful... I'm on about episode 8

I really don't know how people do that, if I'm not sucked in by the end of the second episode, it's dumped. I actually admire your perseverance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finished our planet, the more I watched the less impressed I got, already said about the editing problems, it has repetition problems, whales blowing bubbles to push fish to the surface is shown twice, wandering albatross, nesting cormorants shown twice, lots of stuff that has been shown on PE and BP shown again (dolphins in Florida beating a circle of dirt around fish trapping them for example)

It felt like a show made for people who are experiencing this kind of programme for the 1st time, ie an American audience 

Still got some really cool moments (cliff diving walrus 😨) but disappointed with it overall

• Like 1

On 17/04/2019 at 19:43, bickster said:

I really don't know how people do that, if I'm not sucked in by the end of the second episode, it's dumped. I actually admire your perseverance

Unsure if you recall The Following from a few years back. The worst thing ever created and I persisted even though it was dreadful from the off and every single episode got worse and worse. 

Re-watching Boardwalk Empire ATM. Gyp Rosetti is probably my favourite character from any television show ever. 

Whoever cast Bobby Cannavale for that deserves an award.

Edited by PieFacE

Â