Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Californication returns 1 month from today :D

Well, I'll watch it but it better impress early. I was on this show early and the first three series were excellent, especially those with Lew Ashby.

Last series was pretty poor, imo. There were a couple of outstanding episodes out of 12 but most of them fell well short of the standards set by the previous series. It was like the writers were just going through the motions so they better pull their finger out for this one.

I'll give 'em a couple of episodes and if the signs are bad I'll not bother with the rest. I decided that at the end of the last series and still feel the same.

Californication returns 1 month from today :D

Well, I'll watch it but it better impress early. I was on this show early and the first three series were excellent, especially those with Lew Ashby.

Last series was pretty poor, imo. There were a couple of outstanding episodes out of 12 but most of them fell well short of the standards set by the previous series. It was like the writers were just going through the motions so they better pull their finger out for this one.

I'll give 'em a couple of episodes and if the signs are bad I'll not bother with the rest. I decided that at the end of the last series and still feel the same.

I was into this show early too and the standards have been high throughout in my opinion. The characters in it are just fantastic and the balance in the show is perfect.

Perhaps it did drop a little in the last series, yet I wouldn't say the standards dropped that much. It's still one of the best things on TV and will continue to be so.

Watching the World at War again (for probably the fourth or fifth time)

A stunning documentary - an absolute must watch if you've never seen it before.

I'm about half way through this. The U-boat episode is just brilliant.

Thought Black Mirror was superb last night, wonderful satire of modern society and inparticular social networking, set in a supposedly utopian near-future. Had to laugh when at the food dispenser it said 'people who like apple also like banana' :D

The first episode of Black Mirror was fantastic, I've heard mixed thoughts on the second one, got it recorded to judge for myself...

I fancied another big budget mini series to go along with while I polish up the Pacific, and being a fantasy buff and hearing nothing but good things, had a gander at Game of Thrones last night, just the first ep.

Does it get any better? It all seemed so... stilted. The dialogue was dire and the acting was, imo, often pretty ropey (not helped by the dialogue). Only Tyrion seemed to have anything going for him and he seemed largely to have given stage directions of 'ham it up like ****'.

On the plus side, tits. The first girl (with Tyrion, coincedentally), phwoar.

Err... Boardwalk Empire... not too sure what to make of the finale! Great episode, and i dont want to give anything away to anyone who hasn't watched it.... but wow!

Yup! Last two episodes have been amazing!

Black Mirror's been excellent.

First episode was better than the second, but the second was still very very good. I thought it was more "poking fun" than the first episode, which I found to be a bit more hard hitting and sinister.

Â