Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Is anyone watching Homeland? Emile Heskey is one of the main characters! (and no it's not someone who's always falling over)

A proper super programme that is, I watch it every episode. It really is clever and makes you think, usually it's easy to see where things are going but this keeps it interesting.

Emile, while a bit one dimesional does put in a good performance. His accent is a let down sometimes and he fumbles and loses his lines often.

It's gotto be worth watching for Brody's Mrs anyway. Can't think of her name at the mo.

Black Mirror is terrible television, second episode not so bad.

Lets think of something really ridiculous and stupid then make a program out of it, people will lap it up! Shoehorn in how its what society is like these days to make it appear cleverer than it actually is, a bit like Brooker himself!

His arrogance finally got the better of him, he is almost a reverse of Karl Pillkington and just as obvious.

Final one might be decent as its written by one of the writers of Peep Show.

Just bought The Killing (Danish version) on DVD. Heard many good things about it, some from this thread, so looking forward to tucking into that on Friday night. I think the second series is starting on the Beeb at the end of the month, so hopefully have timed it right!

Second series aired already on the Beeb... Third series is what's coming up...

(The first two series were shown continuously by the BBC)

I watched the first series on DVD, and now I've done that, the second series is all recorded on the Freeview box ready for watching in a few goes. I wouldn't have imagined I could sit through a dark (and it is proper dark) series, in Danish with subtitles for 20 hours and then want to see series 2 straight away.

Have just finished This Is England 88...... another cracking (if downbeat) effort from Shane Meadows and the cast..

Already looking forward to This Is England 90 (surely it must be donw!!!!)

Some of the acting in this was absolutely superb.

Is anyone watching Homeland? Emile Heskey is one of the main characters! (and no it's not someone who's always falling over)

A proper super programme that is, I watch it every episode. It really is clever and makes you think, usually it's easy to see where things are going but this keeps it interesting.

Agreed. I only wish I'd found out about it after the season ended instead of being restricted to one episode a week.

Have just finished This Is England 88...... another cracking (if downbeat) effort from Shane Meadows and the cast..

Agreed, both Vicky McClure (Loll) and Joe Gilgunn (Woody) were tremendous

After being texted by Redscouse all afternoon - gloating!

I'm in need of aclohol and chill time tonight post the best Strictly Come Danicing final I can remember last night.

So was rather hoping Young James Herriot might turn out to be half decent at 9pm!

Couldn't agree more. Amazing when you think that the original film was a cast of almost complete unknowns and the acting chops shown through all 3 "episodes" so far have been consistently high quality.

Couldn't agree more. Amazing when you think that the original film was a cast of almost complete unknowns and the acting chops shown through all 3 "episodes" so far have been consistently high quality.

I enjoyed '88 too, and agree that those 2 perfomances were outstanding - but it was painfully obvious that it was planned to be a 1 part 'christmas special' to lead up to '90. All that stuff with Shaun was just filler, and I really could not have given a shit about it. Of course, that might change depending on how things in '90 work out, could be that it may play a significant part to the story...but it just felt really tacked on, and wasn't needed as the Lol and Woody stuff was so good

I was convinced/forced to start watching 'Terra Nova' yesterday. Now, I make it a point to try and not judge shows on their pilot's, so can someone either convince me that it gets much, much better or confirm my initial thought that is indeed truly awful?

I was convinced/forced to start watching 'Terra Nova' yesterday. Now, I make it a point to try and not judge shows on their pilot's, so can someone either convince me that it gets much, much better or confirm my initial thought that is indeed truly awful?

I watched about 7 or 8 to give it a chance but sadly I have given up. It just makes no sense. There just had to be another group on the outside, just kill em ffs. It's 35 million years ago, who gives a ****. No come backs.

+ Selective wildlife, the whole point of going back was (I thought) to have the dinosaurs etc. It seems there are only 3 that are depressed and stay in a lot.

+ It's made specifically for kids, the story lines are a shocker. It's all a bit Merlin to be honest. Adult / child get trapped in a room and surprise suprise, the only way out is a scary tunnel that only the 9 year old can get down. Absolute bolox, makes me feel ill its so contrived.

+ Why the hell would you build in the middle of a Jungle ? Logically it's better and easier to start near the coast (Food / defence /) ?

+ There are only a few people there, say 100 or so. What's the deal with breeding then, re-create the small heath DNA swap shop of limited return ?

+ There are armed guards within the walls and around the camp, just standing around. Why ? To stop a revolt ?

+

I watch it and yeah it has the flaws that are highlighted above (and many more ) but I've kept with it , where as game of Thrones I switched off after 30 minutes or so and couldn't be arsed with .. so i guess it's subjective like most TV shows .. but as something to wind down to after the kids have gone to bed it does a job

It hasn't lived up to it's hype which is a shame ... but I think the whole storyline concept was kinda flawed anyway

Its a good fun show to watch with the kids, who enjoy it. I wouldn't rush home to watch it though...

I suppose so, people watch Merlin. That says it all really.

I think I am gutted because it had so much potential, a weekly Jurassic Park would have been great but they always have to spoil things.

Thanks for the help, chaps. As I don't have kids to justify watching it with, I think I'll be leaving it there. :thumb:

My other current viewing habits are:

•Season 2 of The Walking Dead (when I thought it couldn't get better, I've just gotten to the episode with Lauren Cohan sideboob drooling-2.gif)

•Millenium (why didn't I watch this show first time around?! facepalm-smiley-4.gif)

•Season 6 of Supernatural (just finished this one)

Â