Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Homeland: Still pretty good to be honest. On Episode 6 and I really can't predict what is going to happen so all good.

(Only thing I did not like is people flying through lie detector tests with training, can that really be done? If so, what's the point of them then?)

Some nice women in it also.....

(Only thing I did not like is people flying through lie detector tests with training, can that really be done? If so, what's the point of them then?)

Almost certainly.

Polygraphy is almost surely pseudoscience and do not in general produce any reliable output. That doesn't stop the USA's intelligence and security services from making extensive use of them anyway (it's pretty much required to be poly'd every at least once every few years to maintain a security clearance). Their only value lies in people's perception that they work.

Baltimore PD's lie detectors are as effective as the polygraph.

Almost certainly.

Polygraphy is almost surely pseudoscience and do not in general produce any reliable output. That doesn't stop the USA's intelligence and security services from making extensive use of them anyway (it's pretty much required to be poly'd every at least once every few years to maintain a security clearance). Their only value lies in people's perception that they work.

Baltimore PD's lie detectors are as effective as the polygraph.

I see, thanks.

I suppose it's all in the name. If you did not tell them it's a lie detector but something about health but you could ask some questions while they were in it the results would be different. If you know people are looking for lies then I suppose the mind can cope with that, instinct maybe...everyone lies a bit.

Still making my way through The Sopranos and I can't recommend it enough. Just watched an episode with a 20 minute dream sequence that was pure David Lynch. It's such a quality series.

Â