Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Season 2 of Its Always Sunny has just ramped up in quality, the 3 episode run of Dennis and Dee go on welfare, Mac bangs Dennis' Mom and Hundred Dollar Baby are all amazing.

Oh just you wait

E4GFTIK.gif

• Like 2

Just watched Gang saves the day. I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a man tear during Charlie's cartoon daydream. It was perfectly done. I love charlie.

Edited by Ingram85

My concern with the Punisher is he's quite one note as a character.

But Bernthal's take is pretty good and that is a good trailer. I just hope it doesn't suffer like the other shows off being a little too drawn out. 

On 9/19/2017 at 07:13, sne said:

Anyone else watching the new "The Vietnam war"  TV documentary series?

2 parts in and it looks really good and interesting.

It's 10 episodes and 1 aired almost every day from the 17th to the 28th.

Yes it's not groundbreaking as there are countless VW documentaries, but I like that they are telling the story of not just the Americans, but also about the French and both sides of the Vietnamese.

Just like they did in the "Indochine - a peoples war in color" that I thought was great.

Some argue it really is not balanced at all. This article is worth a read IMO.

https://mekongreview.com/americas-amnesia/

By Episode Two, “Riding the Tiger” (1961-1963), we are heading deep into Burns territory. The war has been framed as a civil war, with the United States defending a freely elected democratic government in the south against Communists invading from the north. American boys are fighting a godless enemy that Burns shows as a red tide creeping across maps of Southeast Asia and the rest of the world.

The historical footage in Episode One, “Déjà Vu” (1858-1961), which disputes this view of the war, is either ignored or misunderstood. Southern Vietnam was never an independent country

This was also published a couple of days ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/burns-vietnam-documentary-promotes-misleading-history_us_59bf4922e4b0390a1564df2b

Ken Burns’s Vietnam Documentary Promotes Misleading History

Its first episode can be understood as a sophisticated exercise in empire denial.

20 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just watched Gang saves the day. I'm not ashamed to admit I shed a man tear during Charlie's cartoon daydream. It was perfectly done. I love charlie.

You should be. 

I loved the Water park one.  The cut back jokes to Mac talking about the water jets and then his face at the end make me cry with laughter.  

On top of the "I got AIDs" stuff and the dry slide at the end, oh man - it's perfect comedy for me. 

There are other episodes which are "better" stories, but the structure of Water parks reminds me of I.T Crowd Season 2, Episode 1 - when they go to the Theatre - 3 big laughs hitting you after an episode of build up (Moss as a barman, Roy going in the disabled van) - just perfect 25 minute TV. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

You should be. 

I loved the Water park one.  The cut back jokes to Mac talking about the water jets and then his face at the end make me cry with laughter.  

On top of the "I got AIDs" stuff and the dry slide at the end, oh man - it's perfect comedy for me. 

There are other episodes which are "better" stories, but the structure of Water parks reminds me of I.T Crowd Season 2, Episode 1 - when they go to the Theatre - 3 big laughs hitting you after an episode of build up (Moss as a barman, Roy going in the disabled van) - just perfect 25 minute TV. 

Haha cheers :)

It was just so sweet and innocent, child-like in how he views the world then when he gets old. It was lovely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

You should be. 

I love sitcoms like that, where an episode has two or three different hilarious stories that end up connecting at the end to a brilliant punchline (not sure punchline is the word, but you know what I mean).  It's the difference between the great ones and the ordinary to shit ones.  The IT Crowd has loads of episodes like that.

15 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Some argue it really is not balanced at all. This article is worth a read IMO.

https://mekongreview.com/americas-amnesia/

This was also published a couple of days ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/burns-vietnam-documentary-promotes-misleading-history_us_59bf4922e4b0390a1564df2b

Well I've only seen the first 2 episodes but for me it's much less pro-USA than most VW documentaries I've seen.

It's always going to be mainly from the US point of view, but I don't get the good vs evil feeling, far from. Then again that's possibly because I'm "anti-america" and already have my opinion made that it was a wrongful war and the US just sent 100.000's of poor young men there to die for no valid reason. 

I'm not going to go into a long post, but reading those 2 articles who I'm sure have a lot of merit and no doubt their knowledge on the subject is vastly superior to mine. I still get feel they are in some places nitpicking and are trying to find flaws and faults for the sake of it.

So far I'm finding it very enjoyable and ambitious and not the usual US army propaganda.

Edited by sne

On 20/09/2017 at 13:49, Ingram85 said:

Mac's fight scene was better than the entire season of Iron Fist.

• Haha 1

Finished defenders and have to say chindie has a point. The ending was poor. Was expecting so much more. It was good in parts episodes 3 and 4 stood out for me.

woudl have been good if we saw cameo from the punisher too. Bit of a let down in my view. I would say out of them all my order would be

daredevil

jessica jones

defenders

iron fist

luke cage

Â