Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

If anything its better than i was expecting, a bit darker maybe.

What are the golden seasons?

Once you get to about season 3 or 4 you really get a feel for the characters. Then every season is a golden season. It's pure genius. Even going back and watching the earlier seasons are viewed differently.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

goodomensheader.jpg

First Good Omens photo. Not completely what I picture Crowley and Aziraphale like but not terrible.

They announced some more cast the other day, notably Michael McKean as Shadwell, Miranda Richardson as Madame Tracy, Adria Arjona as Anathema and Jack Whitehall as Newt.

That list starts well, goes a little off my own image of Anathema, and then tumbles off a cliff with Whitehall :(

Anyone else watching the new "The Vietnam war"  TV documentary series?

2 parts in and it looks really good and interesting.

It's 10 episodes and 1 aired almost every day from the 17th to the 28th.

Yes it's not groundbreaking as there are countless VW documentaries, but I like that they are telling the story of not just the Americans, but also about the French and both sides of the Vietnamese.

Just like they did in the "Indochine - a peoples war in color" that I thought was great.

32 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Urgh. I do not understand how that man get's work. Just another Corden. Inexplicable.

Still, that photo is promising I think

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I think Whitehall being in Good Omens has just ruined the show for me.

He just seems completely miscast. Whitehall does posh arrogant characters with a hint of English awkwardness. Newt is a complete wet blanket. Wrong choice there for me.

I'm unsure about Anathema being Hispanic but that can easily work. The rest is fine, really good even, just Whitehall... I mean even if you liked him and knew the book, you'd not pick him for the part. As it is, I don't even like the bloke.

The photo is promising but not how I picture either. Crowley having that red barnet isn't right (though they've clearly gone for the look of how Gaiman imagined himself). Hopefully later scenes have him more neatly styled and with a crisp black suit on. Aziraphale looks too fussy IMO. They're tying into the gag that he's constantly out of date, so wearing Edwardian clothes, but in my head he's dressed like a dull middle class very slightly camp man, the kind of guy always wearing a 'nice' cardigan or tweed. Basically like Roy from Corrie but significantly posher.

54 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Russell Howard has a new show coming out in two days. I liked his good news stuff, so this could be fun too. It seems to be a carbon copy of his BBC stuff, just that it's on sky.

C'mon Man! You're not even trying now.

• Like 1

Yes yes I know Ive been banging on about IASIP too much considering how late to the party I am but I just had to say season 8 has been consistently the best so far, every episode has been memorably brilliant with Dennis blossoming into a whole new level of sociopath. Can't believe how fast I've been burning through it. I think I've done 8 seasons in a week and a half so far.

Edited by Ingram85

18 hours ago, darrenm said:

I can't believe the amount of work I put into that graph and didn't even get 1 like.

Tell me about it. I posted a GIF of a dog shitting on a woman's chest and guess what? ZERO likes

I liked yours just for the effort!

• Like 1

Â