Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Can anyone give me an opinion on Banshee ?

Absolutely superb.

One of my favourite shows ever. Extreme violence and plenty of norkage. 

• Like 2

Russia with Simon Reeve.

Scary and amazing. It boggles my mind how vast and empty some parts are. Country sized realms of pure wilderness.

Edited by Ingram85

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Russia with Simon Reeve.

Scary and amazing. It boggles my mind how vast and empty some parts are. Country sized realms of pure wilderness.

Enjoy the stuff that he does so I'll certainly have a look at this. :thumb:

5 hours ago, sne said:

3rd episode of Star Trek Discovery actually not terrible.

Very different to other Star Trek series but for me that's a good thing.

Highly illogical.... How does it differ to previous series?

11 minutes ago, coda said:

It's an action series. It's basically the JJ Abrams take on the property turned into a TV series. Very flashy, fairly fast moving, not as... talky... as TANG was for instance.

Purists will hate it. Everyone else might find a sightly daft but pretty sci find show. I believe it also breaks some of the canon of the show which is always a hard thing for Trekkies to get on board with.

It also has some **** dreadful acting and unlikable characters.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, coda said:

I know :D

In pretty much every way, you'll have to watch it. Only 3 episodes yet so it might settle into the usual form.

The feel is just totally different. Looking at IMDB all the Trekkies seem to hate it because it's not how it's supposed to be. Lots of "this is not Star Trek" comments.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Loving the 3rd season of Fargo.

the show creates some great characters. 

really didnt like it. thought it was nothing compared to previous seasons 

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's an action series. It's basically the JJ Abrams take on the property turned into a TV series. Very flashy, fairly fast moving, not as... talky... as TANG was for instance.

Purists will hate it. Everyone else might find a sightly daft but pretty sci find show. I believe it also breaks some of the canon of the show which is always a hard thing for Trekkies to get on board with.

It also has some **** dreadful acting and unlikable characters.

24 minutes ago, sne said:

I know :D

In pretty much every way, you'll have to watch it. Only 3 episodes yet so it might settle into the usual form.

The feel is just totally different. Looking at IMDB all the Trekkies seem to hate it because it's not how it's supposed to be. Lots of "this is not Star Trek" comments.

<_< I liked the Abrams Star Trek but that recent film stank.

Ooooh just saw an advert for Louis Theroux's new series.

That last line.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2017 at 18:21, NurembergVillan said:

Got about 3 or 4 episodes into Tin Star before deciding I was bored to tears and flanning it off.

I was in the same boat. I think we got 3 episodes in before bailing.

Then she went and watched the rest and said it picked up so I caught up on it yesterday. I wouldn't say it's the best thing on telly but it definitely did get better after the lull 3 episodes in. Still a bit of a mess but I was glad I went back to finish it.

I for one am really enjoying Discovery so far. I love that its totally different. I loved TNG, Loved DS9 and loved Voyager but if you continue to follow the same 'feel' of those shows yet again then it will just be boring. Bollocks to the naysayers, its really good. The only thing I don't like are the opening credits/music.

I'm looking forward to the rest of it. Plus Jason Isaacs is awesome. Oh and a Tribble!!

Edited by Ingram85

Â