Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I thought it was absolutely dreadful.

I'm struggling to work out what was missing for the people who hated it, is it just not for you or was it done really badly?

As someone who has never watched Star Trek it basically just seemed like a light hearted spoof of that.

On 9/11/2017 at 18:21, blandy said:

Admittedly I watched on a laptop, rather than a proper telly, but I really struggled to get into it. I watched the first season and halfway through the second and then gave up around the time of the shootout in the desert. Clearly there's something wrong with me, because I found it all a bit....tedious, tbh.

I'm with you. We're certainly in the minority, but I thought it was a huge borefest. I didn't really like any of the characters and I didn't care what happened to any of them (apart from Walt jnr, I liked him). I only carried on watching it because Mrs P wanted to and I was delighted when it was over. How they made 5 season out of it I'll never know, I watched every episode and I can remember about 3 of them.

I'm used to people telling me I'm totally wrong about it but meh, horses for courses and all that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

I'm struggling to work out what was missing for the people who hated it, is it just not for you or was it done really badly?

As someone who has never watched Star Trek it basically just seemed like a light hearted spoof of that.

It struck me as "Seth MacFarlane Light." They were playing for a mass, family Sunday evening audience and it was just watered down, drivelly toilet humor in the main. Plus the attempts at developing character backstories. 

My opinion maybe skewed as I got to worth with McFarlane and sadly he was a bit of an ass.

Finally watched Stranger Things over the last week or so... fantastic! Not normally my kind of thing but thought that atmospherically it was excellent, it was character driven enough to maintain interest and the soundtrack fitted really well. Great acting by the kids too!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

Finally watched Stranger Things over the last week or so... fantastic! Not normally my kind of thing but thought that atmospherically it was excellent, it was character driven enough to maintain interest and the soundtrack fitted really well. Great acting by the kids too!

I'm re-watching it now. 5 episodes in and it's just as good as i remembered.

For me it hits home perfectly because it's when I grew up so there are so many familiar things. 

Brilliant homage to the 80's.

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

started watching american vandal, was expecting it to be a bit more realistic and blurry as to whether or not its true or just a piss take, its not, its blatant from the opening scene, not sure if it works

I've been watching it too.  I've got a feeling that I'm going to get to the end and think what a waste of my time that was, but I don't have anything else on the go at the moment.

Â