Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Just finished watching Snowfall and its excellent. The young kid playing Franklin puts in one of the most impressive performances I've seen recently. 

Its a great period piece to the time and you would expect nothing less from the director, he practically kick-started the genre with Boyz in the Hood 25 years ago.

The one caveat that stops this being a classic for me is that the 10 episode run follows 3 sets of characters and interchanges back and forth between them, this is jarring at time and worse still I quite frankly didn't care about the other sets of characters that we follow, its just that the one set I did want to follow was executed so well its hard not to love it. Along with the new series of Gomorrah the next series of Snowfall is definitely up there in the anticipation stakes.

It has just begun on BBC2. Started on Sunday night and I really liked the first episode.

On 06/10/2017 at 18:23, Xela said:

Ballers season 3

Love it. The Rock is great! 

Yep just started this last night with a 3 episode binge ... blade runner tonight means I’ll have to dona few extra episodes tomorrow 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Watched the Concorde documentary on BBC4. :-(

Probably said it before but I flew on Concorde once. It was amazing.

So much for the champion of the environment :)

i flew back from NY on one of the last ever flights , people were on board with screwdrivers getting memorabilia someone even nicked the Concorde sign that was on the wall during the flight !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

i flew back from NY on one of the last ever flights , people were on board with screwdrivers getting memorabilia someone even nicked the Concorde sign that was on the wall during the flight !!

I was on a Concorde once - sadly it was in a museum and it didn't move.

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

What did you scavenge from it? ;)

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

What did you scavenge from it? ;)

I did nick the inflight safety card  , at the time people were paying silly money on ebay , I kept mine and it's off course now worthless  , but it's in my travel trinkets /crap  draw that will never see the light of day until I get rid of the kids and finally get my study back

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I wasn't quite as concerned back then ;) I try not to fly as much these days and will definitely never ever go on a cruise!

9 hours ago, snowychap said:

Is it an immense improvement on the crap that's on BBC2 then? :D

Thought it was an iPlayer only thing.

I can see why some people might find it unfunny but after a few episodes I've gone from meh to laughing out loud. Not sure if it's the episodes improving or I'm getting the humour more.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Tonight I will mostly be watching David finchers  mindhunter on netflix

Oo didn't realise that's tonight

Other news, Yara Greyjoy is lovely in Upstart Crow

Â