Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its got very repetive i must admit how many speedster bosses can you get before it becomes stale? Apparently the villian in season 4 is not a speedster so it might get good again...

i was kind of the same, 40+ episodes of him needing to get faster, think it more became stale for me because i considered it a cheap trick how they reset all the characters

he left and he was dead and she loved him and they had nowhere else to go so they played with the clock or jumped earths and now all the previous non barry story lines dont mean anything? nah not for me

Season 3 of Narcos has started pretty good even without Señor E. Hopefully it continues.

Good thing that as for me the last season of Preacher is a bit boring. Still OK but no where near the first season.

Same thing with The Strain that has also never lived up to the potential from the books. Only 2 episodes left to tie everything together now.

Edit: Fun side note about Narcos season 3.

This is the 3rd series in which Matias Varela who plays Jorge Salcedo, the security guy for the Cali cartel is playing a character named Jorge. He did it in the 3 Easy Money (Snabba Cash) films , in a series of Swedish cop TV mini-series called  Arne Dahl, and now in Narcos.

Edited by sne

It's been nigh on 24 hours and I still couldn't sum up just how amazing Twin Peaks: The Return has been, but this article comes pretty close. 

It wasn't just a TV show, it was like nothing I've ever seen and I'm not sure anything will ever come close to it again, Unless Lynch decides to go back in one more time. 

A total and utter triumph. 

Oh and fair play to Showtime, I doubt there are many 'mainstream' TV networks that would ever be brave enough to commission and show something like this. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/why-twin-peaks-the-return-was-the-most-groundbreaking-tv-series-ever-w501073

When some phrases pass through the prism of Twin Peaks, you can never hear them the same way again. "Damn good coffee" is one; "Gotta light?" is another. We'll submit a third candidate, one that the just-concluded third season of David Lynch and Mark Frost's supernatural murder-mystery masterpiece has marked for permanent retirement from the critical vocabulary: "Like nothing else on television." The TV landscape remains full of singular, spectacular shows, Peak TV fatigue be damned. But just as the original Twin Peaks inspired visionary showrunners from David Chase to Damon Lindelof to create the New Golden Age, the show's revived third season may have leapfrogged them all. What we just witnessed was unmatched in the medium's history.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Season 3 of Narcos has started pretty good even without Señor E. Hopefully it continues.

Good thing that as for me the last season of Preacher is a bit boring. Still OK but no where near the first season.

Same thing with The Strain that has also never lived up to the potential from the books. Only 2 episodes left to tie everything together now.

Edit: Fun side note about Narcos season 3.

This is the 3rd series in which Matias Varela who plays Jorge Salcedo, the security guy for the Cali cartel is playing a character named Jorge. He did it in the 3 Easy Money (Snabba Cash) films , in a series of Swedish cop TV mini-series called  Arne Dahl, and now in Narcos.

Jorge's pretty cool.  The series picks up really nicely, I'm not far from the end.  Cracking to see the fat Jurassic Park guy in it too.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Jorge's pretty cool.  The series picks up really nicely, I'm not far from the end.  Cracking to see the fat Jurassic Park guy in it too.

Also known as Newman from Seinfeld.

5 Episodes into season 3 now and I like it a lot.

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

It's been nigh on 24 hours and I still couldn't sum up just how amazing Twin Peaks: The Return has been, but this article comes pretty close. 

It wasn't just a TV show, it was like nothing I've ever seen and I'm not sure anything will ever come close to it again, Unless Lynch decides to go back in one more time. 

A total and utter triumph. 

Oh and fair play to Showtime, I doubt there are many 'mainstream' TV networks that would ever be brave enough to commission and show something like this. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/why-twin-peaks-the-return-was-the-most-groundbreaking-tv-series-ever-w501073

Finished it earlier

Still haven't got a scooby what was going on.

5 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Finished Twin Peaks: The Return last night and sadly it continued in the same vein right through to the end. Big fan of the original series but this was the most disappointing season of TV I've seen.

Whether you liked it or not, I think it's fair to say we all got well and truly 

IMG_0296.JPG

47 minutes ago, V01 said:

Finished it earlier

Still haven't got a scooby what was going on.

I think I pretty much got there with most of it in the end (or at least my interpretation). I made the mistake of not watching 'Fire Walk With Me' beforehand though, which helps apparently. 

Episode 8 was where it all clicked for me. It was obvious from the start, this was never going to be 'Twin Peaks' from the 90's, but it became something even more amazing IMO. 

I'm not one for weird stuff normally. I'm not a particularly clever bloke, I couldn't tell you the first thing about 'Art House' cinema or anything like that, but this has been something else for me. I feel like a right Stan fan boy, but it's probably the best thing I've ever seen, Film or TV wise. 

Edited by wazzap24

I finished watching Twin Peaks: The Return on Monday, and I still haven't recovered!

I was interested to see what others made of it and I can totally understand the very different reactions. Showtime definitely have to be given a lot of credit for financing the project and allowing David Lynch and Mark Frost so much creative freedom, because at times The Return was like nothing else I've ever seen.

Although I loved the original Twin Peaks series, I do find some David Lynch films very frustrating and there were certainly parts of this series which didn't work for me, particularly in the first half-hour or so of the finale but in other places too.

Overall, though, I think The Return has been brilliant. I'm not sure how much of it I really understand, or if it can indeed be understood fully, but the journey and the atmosphere is probably more important I feel, and I could have stayed in the universe of Twin Peaks for another 18 hours easily. 

6 hours ago, chappy said:

Absolutely loved S3 of Narcos, fantastic. I think it was better than the first two.

Agreed, very good.

Liked all 3 seasons. Good series overall. Can't wait for the Mexico adventures next season.

22 hours ago, BOF said:

I went with Line of Duty as my next one.  Really enjoying it.

And it's all on YouTube!

happy-01.jpg

There was me looking ... in other places to find it (I don't have Netflix)

Â