Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 19/09/2017 at 12:51, magnkarl said:

Russell Howard has a new show coming out in two days. I liked his good news stuff, so this could be fun too. It seems to be a carbon copy of his BBC stuff, just that it's on sky.

The 10 minutes of comedy he crams into 45 minutes are ok, the rest is shite.

Just the same as the longer/XL version of the BBC show, dragged out to fill the run time with a usually crap stand-up act.

Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Star Trek series Discovery.

Isn't really a Trekkie but I was bored so it had to do.

So far it's all right I guess, I'm no expert on how things are supposed to look and sound in this universe. I'd imagine some of the Star Trek purists will hate it thou because there is too much action. But I imagine it will calm down  a lot during the actual series.

Spoiler

The main antagonist seem to be the Klingon who in this edition looks a bit like gaudy Uruk Hai and sounds like a deaf Bane speaking Portuguese backwards.

On 21/09/2017 at 15:56, omariqy said:

Really enjoying Red Oaks on Amazon Prime. I love a good coming of age story me. Especially one set in the 80s.

Surprised how few people seem to have seen this. Most enjoyable and not a bad time to give it a try if you haven't yet as the third & final season is due in the next month or so.

It's not the best film ever but if you like red oaks you may want to give this a watch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2170427/

It's a bit more american pie/superbad/generic loser kids last day of school & summer holiday movie but has a similar feel at times (maybe it's just the tennis)

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Got about 3 or 4 episodes into Tin Star before deciding I was bored to tears and flanning it off.

Just done the same with Westworld too.  It hasn't grabbed me at all.

Since Breaking Bad, I think Line of Duty is the only thing that has totally grabbed me.

Westworld is worth sticking with imo.

it is a slow burning series but once the pieces begin to move into place it's excellent. 

Edit - have you tried Ray Donovan or The Night Of?  

Both very good indeed.

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Ooh  yeah!  Forgot Ray.  That's class.  Never heard of the other one though.

An eight parter on sky Atlantic (think it's on their box sets) which is excellent. 

Basic synopsis is a student picks up a lady in his dads taxi, ends up at her house and then wakes up to find her murdered. 

Well worth watching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

An eight parter on sky Atlantic (think it's on their box sets) which is excellent. 

Basic synopsis is a student picks up a lady in his dads taxi, ends up at her house and then wakes up to find her murdered. 

Well worth watching.

It's an American adaptation based on the first series of Criminal Justice.

Agreed, very good.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Surprised how few people seem to have seen this. Most enjoyable and not a bad time to give it a try if you haven't yet as the third & final season is due in the next month or so.

It's not the best film ever but if you like red oaks you may want to give this a watch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2170427/

It's a bit more american pie/superbad/generic loser kids last day of school & summer holiday movie but has a similar feel at times (maybe it's just the tennis)

Thanks mate. i do love a coming of age film. Have you seen Summer of 8?

42 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thanks mate. i do love a coming of age film. Have you seen Summer of 8?

Hmm don't think so from a quick look at the trailer but it's 99p on amazon so will have a look at some point in the week :)  must admit to being a sucker for this sort of stuff, especially anything 80's/gen x type stuff. Every time skye appeared on screen in red oaks i had instant flashbacks to winona ryder in reality bites.

That is maybe my only real complaint with the show, too many look-alike/stereotypical type people.

You have your joseph gordon-levitt/miles teller lead, Your eugene Levy dad, sally field mom, jonah hill stoner mate, ray wise could easily be getty, 90210 tory spelling misty etc etc

Â