Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 5/8/2017 at 19:44, mikeyp102 said:

Only seen a few episodes of Its always Sunny. Does the inclusion of Danny De Vito in series two improve it? At present I'm a bit meh... but then that's often how US comedies start out, until they develop the characters a bit more.

That's exactly what i thought at first, i struggled to get past "That's Danny De Vito" but by the end of S6 hes definitely an integral character.

On 9/9/2017 at 15:35, Ingram85 said:

So I'm 5 episodes into season 1 of Its always Sunny after ignoring it for such a long time... Its fantastic. I'm an idiot for not watching it sooner.

Whereabouts are you now? 

Its ability to make me actually LOL is quite impressive. You can think something is funny but if you are alone its more of an internal acknowledgement, not for this show though.

42 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Whereabouts are you now? 

Its ability to make me actually LOL is quite impressive. You can think something is funny but if you are alone its more of an internal acknowledgement, not for this show though.

I watched it all in bang on two weeks. I loved it all. 

• Like 2

Watching some old episodes of " Curb your enthusiasm " , . What I love about the show is it's funny without seemingly trying to be funny . Apparently, most of the dialogue is improvised, anyway it certainly helps in putting a smile on my face. :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Christ. 

I thought i was doing well to get through 6 seasons in 2 weeks, you can't have been watching anything else!

Yeah I was on annual leave and its possible I got just a little bit obsessed with it. They are only 20 minutes long though :blush::D.

15 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Yeah I was on annual leave and its possible I got just a little bit obsessed with it. They are only 20 minutes long though :blush::D.

Go back and watch them all again

The main story arc is in a very different place from the pilot, still love it, Rickie was probably my favourite part of this series, felt they've toned down joe 

just looked Rickie up on Wikipedia to see what else he's in, he's denzel washingtons son :o

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Handy website for those thinking of digging up old shows and wondering how long it will take to get through them if you were to do nothing else but watch them back to back

https://www.bingeclock.com/

We've all marathonned a sitcom or two. A courtroom drama. A sci-fi anthology series. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings. A talk show. Lost. But how long does it really take? How much time to watch them all?

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

just looked Rickie up on Wikipedia to see what else he's in, he's denzel washingtons son :o

Funnily enough I looked him up the other day and was as surprised as you! :)

Really getting into Arrested Development now, it took me a good 10 episodes to get into it though. I started off hating Buster but he is far and away my favourite character now. His giggle has me in stitches everytime. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 03/10/2017 at 17:43, Ingram85 said:

I for one am really enjoying Discovery so far. I love that its totally different. I loved TNG, Loved DS9 and loved Voyager but if you continue to follow the same 'feel' of those shows yet again then it will just be boring. Bollocks to the naysayers, its really good. The only thing I don't like are the opening credits/music.

I'm looking forward to the rest of it. Plus Jason Isaacs is awesome. Oh and a Tribble!!

Discovery was enjoyable and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it but it is very different to the previous Star Trek shows; that's not necessarily a bad thing but I get why people could moan about it.

My main gripe about it is that the lead is supposedly one of Star Treks best and brightest but she appears to be completely useless and fails at almost everything she tries.

2 episodes in to The Gifted. another Marvel mutant/X-Men series.

Is OK(ish) I guess. No real idea of what type of series it's going to be yet. Hopefully it won't be a teen drama with CGI.

No where near as fun as Legion that was fun and bonkers.

Just finished watching Snowfall and its excellent. The young kid playing Franklin puts in one of the most impressive performances I've seen recently. 

Its a great period piece to the time and you would expect nothing less from the director, he practically kick-started the genre with Boyz in the Hood 25 years ago.

The one caveat that stops this being a classic for me is that the 10 episode run follows 3 sets of characters and interchanges back and forth between them, this is jarring at time and worse still I quite frankly didn't care about the other sets of characters that we follow, its just that the one set I did want to follow was executed so well its hard not to love it. Along with the new series of Gomorrah the next series of Snowfall is definitely up there in the anticipation stakes.

Â