Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Is there any point in me asking about The Crown? Or are only the over 60s watching it? 

Me and the missus watched it and enjoyed it, it's better than mr selfridge, young Victoria, downtown etc I can't remember exactly what I enjoyed from what I can remember there are 2/3 times where it actually tries to say something rather than just showing you something everybody already knows

even with the sets and the costumes I couldn't for the life of me work out how that's 2nd only to game of thrones as the most expensive tv show ever made though

Edited by villa4europe

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Got halfway through the first episode of the OA and found it to be terribly dull. Does it get better / improve? 

It's like a mountain.

To me it got really good towards the middle of the series.

Then just at the point when you've scaled the mountain and you're thinking "Wow this could be excellent" it kicks you off the other side and you finish the series laughing your head off (it's not a comedy) at rock bottom.

But honestly it kept me entertained. I found myself wanting to watch the next one immediately and I still find myself discussing "theories" about it with the other half. So it's worth a watch even though it ultimately disappoints.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Me and the missus watched it and enjoyed it, it's better than mr selfridge, young Victoria, downtown etc I can't remember exactly what I enjoyed from what I can remember there are 2/3 times where it actually tries to say something rather than just showing you something everybody already knows

even with the sets and the costumes I couldn't for the life of me work out how that's 2nd only to game of thrones as the most expensive tv show ever made though

I'd watch Downtown Abbey. Probably a documentary about a convent for prostitutes or something. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Is there any point in me asking about The Crown? Or are only the over 60s watching it? 

I thought it was superb. I couldn't care less about the royals but it was really well made and looked amazing. I might rewatch it when I get my 4k TV.

31 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I thought it was superb. I couldn't care less about the royals but it was really well made and looked amazing. I might rewatch it when I get my 4k TV.

Pretty much my reaction. They obviously couldn't put any sex in it, but they did it with innuendo, e.g. Phillip in the bedroom saying "It's about time you got down on your knees for ME", or the horse analogies about her ex-boyfriend Porchester - "He might be a bit of a stallion, but make sure you don't sit on him", etc. 

On 1/17/2017 at 10:18, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I love that program and the books are good also.  Perfect casting in that program also.

Finished the final series. Excellent.

You can feel Banks' pain. Great acting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

**** all this other shit off and watch Goliath.

Everything pails.

Sell it to me, lapal, me old mucka

Need a new series to sink my chops into

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Sell it to me, lapal, me old mucka

Need a new series to sink my chops into

Because it's good.

Watch 1 episode and tell me you don't want to watch more.

I lost my job through truancy because of it.  I had to watch the last 3 episodes through the windows of my local Tandy store.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Finished the final series. Excellent.

You can feel Banks' pain. Great acting. 

Agreed,  he really did look in pain at that point.  He plays the part so very well and he looks a scary bloke to be honest in this show.  There is a good solid back story to him in the books which on this occasion have been matched in quality by the TV series. Does that happen very often ? 10/10 from me.

• Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 14:32, TheAuthority said:

Big thumbs up for Episode 1 of Taboo from me.

Yep. It's clearly a Tom Hardy vehicle (and he's part directed it), but it's a bloody good one.  

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Yep. It's clearly a Tom Hardy vehicle (and he's part directed it), but it's a bloody good one.  

First 2 episodes looks very promising.

Like it so far.

The best book ever written, Good Omens, is finally confirmed as having an adaptation coming in 2018 made by the Beeb and Amazon, with a script by Neil Gaiman himself.

Please, please, please be worthy of the book. Casting has to be bang on, it cannot be in any way American, and they can't cut anything.

Great news though.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jon said:

This is very enjoyable so far.

It's pulpy as **** but it appeals to my love of gothic fiction. 

It's not broadcasting until next year, but the Beeb have announced a 6 episode adaption of Good Omens, and Gaiman is the showrunner. This is going to be a long, long wait, I'm already excited.

Edit: Ok, I should at least read the last few posts before posting myself. :P 

Edited by Davkaus

Â