Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The new Dr Who is absolutely frigging awful. Heavy handed, badly written, no substance and trying too hard.

Ain't watched it since John Pertwee left the role.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Going from Stranger Things to The bear. It's like going from daylight to night. The guy who plays Bear really does bring an intensity to that role.

He’s in talks regarding playing Springsteen in a biopic about the making of Nebraska 

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

He’s in talks regarding playing Springsteen in a biopic about the making of Nebraska 

I could actually see him, playing the Boss in his younger days.

14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I could actually see him, playing the Boss in his younger days.

Same.

As a huge Springsteen fan, especially the Darkness>River>Nebraska era, I just pray they don’t screw it up 🤞

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Same.

As a huge Springsteen fan, especially the Darkness>River>Nebraska era, I just pray they don’t screw it up 🤞

I'm tempted to go to You Tube and watch him performing, Stolen Car, live. 

The latest episode of Doctor Who was a huge improvement over the first two dreadful episodes.

Stephen Moffat back with a tense, dramatic character episode. Not quite up there with his best but at least it kept me captivated for the entire episode, which is no mean feat considering it pretty much featured a man standing in one spot for forty minutes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The latest episode of Doctor Who was a huge improvement over the first two dreadful episodes.

Stephen Moffat back with a tense, dramatic character episode. Not quite up there with his best but at least it kept me captivated for the entire episode, which is no mean feat considering it pretty much featured a man standing in one spot for forty minutes.

Agreed.  Much better.  First 2 terrible but this was a decent episode. Much darker than those first 2 

Currently working through Season 2 of Tokyo Vice.

Really enjoyed the first season. It disappeared from BBC iPlayer for ages and looks like they've put it back on now that they've added Season 2 (latest season actually came out a while ago but wasn't showing in the UK).

Posted (edited)

Dunno what to make of the new Rebus. 

Couldn't imagine three more different actors to take that role than John Hannah, Ken Stott and now Richard Rankin. 

Edited by mjmooney

On 19/05/2024 at 14:20, Designer1 said:

S4 - ep3 of Succession.

**** hell. Just when I thought the quality of the show couldn't get any higher they land this episode on me.

Hide contents

First off, did not expect the death of Logan at all. Genuinely thought he would be in every episode and how he was written out was so brilliantly done. Completely out of left field and unexpected, I was thinking 'he'll pull through" for a good few minutes.

Also have to mention the acting of all four kids. Three of them almost reverting to being children again, Shiv saying "Daddy" properly got me in the feels, and Connor taking on the comforting big brother role that we assume he had when they were all younger was a great touch.

It's just stunning TV really, comfortably amongst the best shows of all time.

It's some ride. Very addictive. 

• Like 1

Started the second season or Outer Range, and gave up after 20 minutes. 

WAY too long between seasons to remember what the hell was going on. 

Â