Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I've watched the first 5 or so up until now. I like it, but already it feels a bit repetitive.

It is a bit up & down...episodes with a Reddington storyline are the best, he's a great character

On 27/05/2016 at 05:16, kurtsimonw said:

I've watched the first 5 or so up until now. I like it, but already it feels a bit repetitive.

First season can seem a bit villain of the week-ish but then the overall arc really kicks into gear . Some of season 3 is amazing and Red becomes cooler by the episode.

• Like 1

Started Billions last night, probably finish it tonight.

I've never found Maggie Siff attractive before now

Spoiler

Must be the kink

Major crush on Mrs Axelrod though, 9/10 WB.

finished 11.22.63

it was good, kind of disappointed that it said nothing about oswald other than the popular belief that he was a bit of a communist hunting fame, also didnt put its cock on the block and go for an alternative assassination theory but it did for dramatic effect decide to take a wild guess as to what JFK would be like if he'd lived

the ending was very touching though

• Like 1

Bloodline S02 was good. Managed to binge it all in a day hungover and enjoyed it. Not too sure it really needed a second season.

Spoiler

Was kinda hoping they would wrap everything up in S02 but it definitely looks like s03 is happening.

Just started watching Penny Dreadful,  I am on episode 6 now. I am quite enjoying it but not sure how they can keep it going for 3 lengthy series I suspect it will get a bit samey.  Will have to wait and see 

Finished 11.22.63 - all in all not a bad show.

Didn't mind the ending and fingers crossed it stops and they don't do a Season 2.

Talking of Season 2's... I see Wayward Pines is back for a second series.

I thought they ended the first one brilliantly and should've left it at that - but I suppose TV production companies are all about the money and the ratings and don't care about flogging/rehashing the same ideas over and over again.

Spoiler

WP s2 now has Jason Patric as the main protagonist as they killed off Matt Dillon in the finale of Season 1 - wonder how they'll shoehorn this 'new guy' into the community?

Not sure whether to watch it as the 'big reveal' has already been done...

Finshed Better Call Saul S2. Superb. In many ways it is better than Breaking Bad, and I can see myself watching it again and again whereas I've struggled to rewatch BB. The latter was visceral, more exciting, and the stakes were bigger, but BCS is just a richer show, with better characterisation and a real appreciation for showing and not telling.

Both are great, although both fall short of The Americans for me, which continues to be head and shoulders above everything else primarily because it has big stakes played out at a domestic level. It's brutal, tragic, exciting, deeply human and expertly crafted. More people should be watching it.

• Like 2

Â