Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I have to be honest, Gotham was probably one of the biggest disappointments I have watched. Didnt like it at all, boring as hell.

I went in with zero expectations and thought was enjoyable. Alfred gets to be a bad ass unlike in Nolan movies when he just a moaning bore

Gotham is pretty enjoyable, my main two issues are a weak main character and some utterly awful 'filler' episodes.

However, to counter that it has a stunning visual style and two stand out characters in The Penguin and Fish Mooney, played brilliantly by Robin Lord Taylor and Jada Pinkett Smith respectively.

It's a mixed bag but I kinda like it.

10 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Peep Show this week was great yet again. Mark and his manipulation of her husband was superb (stumbling on that church was brilliant)

Its criminal that this season is so good and we are only getting 6 epsiodes.

indeed. the writers reckon the characters are getting too old for it to work but i would happily watch them do what are doing for the next ten years. funniest show on tv for me

• Like 1

finally finished season 4 of Arrested Development about 2 months after I started, what a **** drag which is nowhere near quality of season 1-3. Best cancel show now instead of more seasons like this

On 11/25/2015, 5:56:49, V01 said:

Watched the first Episode of Blindspot last night, I'm hooked. Features Jaime Alexander naked 9/10 WB.

Watched the first 5-6 episodes and absolutely loving it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

finally finished season 4 of Arrested Development about 2 months after I started, what a **** drag which is nowhere near quality of season 1-3. Best cancel show now instead of more seasons like this

In an earlier post I mentioned that I got to around episode 8 or 9 and gave up.

Is it a case of it generally not improving in the final few episodes, or that the end return where it's supposed to all tie in just isn't worth the slog?

Based on the episodes I watched, I wouldn't hesitate in saying that it's the single biggest decline in quality I've seen in a sitcom. Ah well, I'm still happy seasons 1-3 exist. 

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

In an earlier post I mentioned that I got to around episode 8 or 9 and gave up.

Is it a case of it generally not improving in the final few episodes, or that the end return where it's supposed to all tie in just isn't worth the slog?

Based on the episodes I watched, I wouldn't hesitate in saying that it's the single biggest decline in quality I've seen in a sitcom. Ah well, I'm still happy seasons 1-3 exist. 

their is still a few good jokes per episode though 1st 3 were awful but the plot is all over the place that you have to get some of the stories. Most of it makes sense in the end but not really worth it

they changed a lot of characters too like Michael became a bitter overbearing father during season 4 when he was the likeable guy from the start

• Like 1

Master of None is great! Thanks for the recommendations on here! I just love those quirky little moments and realizations that show manages to bring up. Reminds me somewhat of Louie, except it's cheerful and uplifting, and not so much focus on awkwardness.

• Like 1

Finished Jessica Jones, not sure if it need as strongly as daredevil but overall it was still good, not sure how they'll handle a second series or if they'll just merge her in to Luke cage and the final one with them all in (whatever they're called, looking at you chindie...)

Caught up with the leftovers yesterday, great ending that I really didn't see coming, can't wait for Monday's last episode

Think I'm 2 episodes in to last panthers, the missus lost interest within half an hour, I'm really enjoying it, didn't read up on it before starting, I like where it went (old Yugoslavia) makes it a bit different

Probably going to start man in the high castle or Fargo next week

On the Xela watch list at pesent

Blacklist S3

Blindspot S1 (only one episode in, seems promising so far)

Elementary S2 

Plus the new series of Peep Show, which is excellent. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Finished Jessica Jones, not sure if it need as strongly as daredevil but overall it was still good, not sure how they'll handle a second series or if they'll just merge her in to Luke cage and the final one with them all in (whatever they're called, looking at you chindie...)

Not finished it myself quite yet, probably will tonight, but I think it's been a strong but very different show to Daredevil. At the moment I'd have Daredevil just ahead, but Jessica Jones is still very good. 

I don't know yet how it ends obviously but, given how prominent Luke has been, and how Jessica's story on the page goes, it makes sense to meld then together in a sequel. It raises a small problem in that Luke's closest ally is always the Iron Fist, as Heroes for Hire, so having Luke in with Jessica might mess up any ambition to go down that route.

Iron Fist was rumoured to be causing Marvel and Netflix problems as its the only one of the series so far they've not got any cast or crew sorted on and they really should be nearly filming it. But Marvel have said there's no problems and things will be announced shortly. We'll see I guess. That's a very, very, very difficult show to cast and produce successfully IMO.

The team up series that follows is the Defenders, traditionally a fairly odd bunch of characters that don't really work as a team necessarily fighting bizarre supernatural enemies. Basically a low key weird Avengers team.

Â