Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

A bit of a random pop-quiz. Having re-watched 24 recently (while playing FM) I noticed there was 2 actors in it that also appeared in season 2 of Fargo. One is rather obvious but anyone know both without looking it up?

On 11/12/2015 at 16:58, Ginko said:

Just watched the latest episode of Fargo. Such good TV, and nice to see Martin Freeman getting involved again as the narrator.

Episode 8 has been my favourite this season. Peggy and Dodd were absolutely hilarious. Looking forward to next week's finale but sad to see it go. I hope it comes back for another season though I'm not sure how many more they could feasibly do. It'd be a bit strange that all these massacres keep happening around this area of the US. I suppose they could go even further back in time though, that might be quite cool.

You have your wish...season 3 green lit!

Great news IMO!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

You have your wish...season 3 green lit!

Great news IMO!

:clap:

The Expanse and Childhood's End start tonight, I think they both have 3 episodes over 3 days before going weekly. I may be alone in this but I'm quite excited by the apparent resurgence in sci fi shows. The first episode of The Expanse has been on "web pre release"??? for a few weeks and showed lots of promise, add to that Killjoys and Dark Matter that were both solid and have been renewed plus the upcoming Colony, Westworld, Medinah and Dystopia, plus the rumoured Star Trek series means there are a lot of promising shows for the sci fi enthusiast.

I ended up giving series 2 Broadchurch a chance, and it was very good. I like the two main actors in it, well made show, even if it can get a bit hokey at times.

I thought for the change in direction it had to take it did ok, wasn't as good as the first series, IMO plays on the general dislike and distrust of defence lawyers and maybe stretches it a bit thin

Spoiler

It's not the mind bending, so much as a ******* spaceship showing up! I joke about shit like that, when I'm talking about TV series I've seen that others haven't. They actually did it though. A ******* spaceship! Up to that point, it was one of the best episodes of a TV I've ever seen. Then it just went mental. A ******* spaceship. 

Yeah, what did you think that was Rye was looking at outside the diner before... well, you know, before Peggy introduced herself?

I doubt it'll be explained. It'll just be a wacky bit of Deus Ex Machina, and to be honest I don't really mind so much as it's not really all that vital to the plot. Not yet at least.

Final episode tomorrow :D

Just watched episode 9 of "Fargo".

Ten out of ten to the writers for the sheer audacity of it and Peggy's line was great. 

Cannot wait to find out how/if they're gonna explain it all. Part of me simply doesn't care. Brilliant stuff.

Also, "The Last Kingdom" was very good too, particularly the final few episodes. 

Having read the books back in the 80's, I always wished they'd make movies of them. 30 years later, it's an MTV series. They clearly put some money into it, but I can't help but think it won't capture the magic of the books.

Edited by maqroll

Â