Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Leftovers season 2 finale,  so so so good.  Best series of television I think I've ever seen.  If this gets cancelled when shite like Jessica Jones gets plaudits I'll be so so gutted.  Everything about the Leftovers oozes class.  Doesn't get anywhere near the attention it deserves which is a tragedy.  

I have to say, S2 really has turned it around for me. From the theme tune to the pace, it's like a completely different show. 

I perservered with the first season, because it was brilliantly made and weird enough to keep me hooked in looking for answers, but it was so slow and dull at times, I didn't have much hope for S2. Glad I was wrong. 

I might have to give S2 of The Affair a go now just in case the same thing happened with that! 

I couldn't hold out for Fargo season 2 to finish so I could binge watch it all the way through, so I started watching it this weekend and have so far managed to pace myself.

I loved it after the first episode. The quality of the writing, the cinematography, the acting, the sound design and musical choices, and the fact they've given it that 70s vibe just to give themselves an additional challenge of the difficult second season -- and it totally works.

I'd love for someone to write a detailed piece comparing the quality of writing of the first two seasons of Fargo to the quality of writing of the first two seasons of True Detective. Noah Hawley has done a fantastic job, whereas I think Nic Pizzolatto has been well and truly shown up as a fraud who lucked out in his first season by being saved by two fantastic actors and a writer who peddles pretentious overly-complicated twaddle and cheesy, unrealistic dialogue.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Leftovers season 2 finale,  so so so good.  Best series of television I think I've ever seen.  If this gets cancelled when shite like Jessica Jones gets plaudits I'll be so so gutted.  Everything about the Leftovers oozes class.  Doesn't get anywhere near the attention it deserves which is a tragedy.  

It's getting the reviews but not the ratings, think it needs a big Emmys, nods for best show and IMO almost definitely a nod for best actor for Kevin, he's been superb, and then also a gap in HBOs schedule

To answer the question about Boardwalk, it ran its course, the production costs were too high to keep stringing it out, the went too linear with the antagonist IMO, rushed the end, the secondary characters have a much more interesting 30s than Nucky so they ended it

They have got GoT, ballers, girls, true detective, west world, mighty 8th (band of brothers stuff) the knick

I'd like to think the knick and true detective are more at risk than the leftovers and HBO did at least let treme finish despite poor ratings, whether or not they did it as an attempt to keep the director sweet and will do the same here I don't know

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Pretty sure it ended definitively and as planned. Haven't seen any myself since season 2 though so not sure.

Yeah, it seemed to go downhill after season 2.

I've also just finished The Leftovers. I don't know what I think about it. On the one hand, it's **** brilliant. Season 2 really took it up a notch. On the other it's a piss take. I'll admit, I'm a sucker for questions being answered. I don't like things being left too open-ended. This show answers virtually nothing. I can't remember who it was earlier in this thread that told me that the pretty much all of the season one mysteries were answered in season 2 but if they were, I must have missed it. It just keeps posing more and more questions without answering 90% of them.

I did really enjoy it, though. Would definitely recommend.

I loved this series, I'm not overly fond of the hotel stuff, Theroux was superb, the new family worked, the GR worked, the ex wife and son stuff was hit and miss, Matt stuff again was hit and miss (his accents still shit)

Will get round to watching Fargo but until I do it's the best thing on TV for me

And the music is brilliant, the piano loop from series 1 and the use of the pixies

16 hours ago, maqroll said:

Whatever happened to Boardwalk Empire, was it cancelled, or did it just run it's course? 

For whatever reason, the final season only had 8 episodes. This meant the ending was rushed, and led to a lot of the plots not being finished. The final season although excellent, was a bit of a let down because of this. Over all though, a brilliant show. Season 3 with Gyp Rosetti was magnificent at times.

On 07/12/2015 at 08:36, Stevo985 said:

sorry stevo. Cant get rid of your quote box and i can only type inside of it and not outside for some reason.

ive watched first season of HIMYM today, pretty good, esepcially for background noise. But please tell me the whole "is ted going to hook up with robin? is he not? he is now! hes not now!" isnt going to carry on for the next 8 seasons? If so i might quit now

Edited by gharperr

Â