Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Strangely I thought the 4th series of Arrow was an immediate and immense improvement on series 3. Which was shit. The only problem so far appears to be they've spent half the episodes setting up the other series they're spinning out of it, Legends if Tomorrow. Oh and they had Constantine turn up for a cameo, which just reminds you that MAtt Ryan is bloody good as Constantine, and they **** it up so we'll never see him do a proper show again :(.

But besides that it's been a decent series to date. Decent series villain, hamming it up at every opportunity, as opposed to some no mark barely on screen playing Ra's al Ghul, and some nice action sequences.

The Flash is... up in the air this series. They've doubled down on 'comic-ness', going full Earth-2, but the series formula is showing up badly, and having another Speedster as a villain is disappointing, even if he seems genuinely threatening. The formula becomes really irritating when you notice it. And it's staring you straight in the face that they are going to do some 'crazy' twist with the villain.

What annoys me about the Flash and Arrow is that they both seem to have these convenient plot devices in place where they can bring dead characters back to life i.e time travel/lazarus pit e.t.c considering its a show based on life and death and saving others death isn't really a big factor because characters are bought back to life all the time and when they die you just think meh they will be back next episode

I can forgive both of those, as they've got basis in the comics and stick to the established canon, although I think the Lazarus Pit has been destroyed in Arrow now it's served it's purpose from a plot standpoint, thankfully.

They are flawed series though. Too many episodes and far, far too many characters. The cross over event recently introduced 2 more characters to appear in the Legends of Tomorrow spin off. It's getting silly and the characters they're adding now are pushing what most people will accept. The villain they have for the spin off is a lesser known one on the DC roster as well which won't help.

But for throwaway fun, they work, and there's only been 1 series miss the mark. 

And empire is up for best TV show at the golden globes...said before I quite empire but mainly because it's hilariously bad

Nominations are empire, GoT, Outlander, Mr robot and narcos

I haven't watched Outlander or Mr robot so from that list I'd probably say narcos, interestingly Netflix has more nominations than HBO

Just watched the latest episode of Fargo. Such good TV, and nice to see Martin Freeman getting involved again as the narrator.

Episode 8 has been my favourite this season. Peggy and Dodd were absolutely hilarious. Looking forward to next week's finale but sad to see it go. I hope it comes back for another season though I'm not sure how many more they could feasibly do. It'd be a bit strange that all these massacres keep happening around this area of the US. I suppose they could go even further back in time though, that might be quite cool.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Just watched the latest episode of Fargo. Such good TV, and nice to see Martin Freeman getting involved again as the narrator.

Episode 8 has been my favourite this season. Peggy and Dodd were absolutely hilarious. Looking forward to next week's finale but sad to see it go. I hope it comes back for another season though I'm not sure how many more they could feasibly do. It'd be a bit strange that all these massacres keep happening around this area of the US. I suppose they could go even further back in time though, that might be quite cool.

Hands down the best show of the year for me. 

Absolutely fantastic writing, acting and directing.

• Like 3

Yup, agree. And Season 1 was my favourite show of 2014 too.

It's just so well written and filmed with such meticulous detail. That and they really do their homework with the casting. I can't think of anyone in particular who stands out as being a poor choice. The cinematography and sound design is gorgeous too.

TV as it should be. Tightly focused storytelling with no cutting corners.

• Like 1

Binged on Fargo from Season 1 up to current episode in the last week, Great great show. I love the what have they been in bingo you get to play, Oooh he's the president in Madam Secretary. Ooh he's in burn notice, so was he and he's in Evil Dead. He's the port to port killer, isn't he the young guy from breaking bad and friday night lights.

• Like 1

My favourite films growing up was the Evil Dead trilogy, they have now done a series based on the films called "Ash vs Evil Dead" with Bruce Campbell as the lead, my god they have managed to capture everything that was bad with the films and it is truly amazing :D  dont think ive laughed this much in my life :)

Low-buget, lots of blood, splatter killing deamons and zombies at its finest. imagine an fat old failed self centered version of Sterling Archer and youre getting close :P the first episode took a while to get started, but as its only 25 minutes its worth the wait :) I would recomend watching the films first as they lay the grounds for the series, but it is still good if you just watch the show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unnLg1TPCYM

Edited by tomaspg

On 12/10/2015 at 23:36, villa4europe said:

The leftovers has been renewed for a third and final season

Excellent news! Probably about right! There's no way they could have not renewed it after how good season two was.  But I really don't want them to do a Lost and just go on for too long and end badly. 1 more season to wrap it all up will be perfect I think . 

Â