Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, hogso said:

I half expect them to have that happen to someone else, they've mixed it up like that before. Hershal having his leg amputated at the prison instead of Dale, Andrea sleepling with Shane instead of Dale, Daryl basically being Tyresse with a crossbow instead of a hammer, Carol being badass Andrea, giving Bob Dale's 'ending' (Tainted meat! TAINTED MEAT!!!), etc...

Either way, he's a badass dude, and is pretty funny to boot, in a wrong kind of way, something the show severely lacks.

You've got this person confused with Alberto Contador. 

I rewatched Daredevil over the last couple of weeks and D'Onfrio is great so it's definitely high praise. Even in some of the dafter parts of the series D'Onfrio manages to pull off a convincingly threatening Fisk that is clearly also the emotionally broken bully playing a part that belies his actual nature.

• Like 1

Yeah Jessica Jones is pretty damn good. A couple of episodes in they're nailing everything. And Tennant, despite being only a fleeting ominous presence in the opening episodes, is genuinely unsettling in how creepy his character is. I never thought I'd see the day that Luke Cage would be a character in a live action production, and that the character would actually be good.

Finished season 1 of The Leftovers last night. I quite enjoyed it but I'm a little bit ticked off that it answered almost literally none of the mysteries. I get that shows like this are meant to be about the "characters' journey" or whatever but I reckon that a lot of viewers are equally invested in getting some answers. Not sure why I'm surprised given  that one of the Lost guys is behind it... Thought he might have learnt his lesson!  Heard that season 2 is a lot better so I'll give that a go. 

Edited by JB

Finished season 1 of The Leftovers last night. I quite enjoyed it but I'm a little bit ticked off that it answered almost literally none of the mysteries. I get that shows like this are meant to be about the "characters' journey" or whatever but I reckon that a lot of viewers are equally invested in getting some answers. Not sure why I'm surprised given  that one of the Lost guys is behind it... Thought he might have learnt his lesson!  Heard that season 2 is a lot better so I'll give that a go. 

Season 2 is pretty much the same but goes off on a complete tangent (it's only retained about 6 characters) yeah it probably is better

They make no attempt to explain the departures because that isn't what it's about, it's about the impact rather than the event

Didn't know until last week Kevin is shacked up with Jennifer Aniston in real life

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Season 2 is pretty much the same but goes off on a complete tangent (it's only retained about 6 characters) yeah it probably is better

They make no attempt to explain the departures because that isn't what it's about, it's about the impact rather than the event

Didn't know until last week Kevin is shacked up with Jennifer Aniston in real life

Cool, cheers. I didn't expect them to explain the departures but I would have liked to have found out what was going on with Kevin's black outs, what happened to his dad and what the deal with that National Geographic magazine was. Maybe a bit more about Wayne and the random bloke shooting the dogs, too. 

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

South Park season 19 has been incredible! Back on form and then some.

Each episode is on a different issue but the season has an intwined plot running throughout.

1443116941383.jpg

• Like 2

Â