Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

My wife's now in to the bosch books she liked it that much

I read a lot of the Connelly books years ago. Great reads! I wish I was into my reading again, I just lack concentration nowadays. 

• Like 1

Yeah me too, I think a mixture of the Internet and TV adaptations has killed it

If you say "do you read?" in theory I spend all day reading the Internet and going down various rabbit holes, I read more than I ever have done before on here alone, it's obviously just a different type of reading 

I read the Lincoln lawyer books years back and somehow missed bosch 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Bosch is very good too, as is Goliath (of the more recent stuff)

Love Bosch and flew through the seasons but struggling a little with Goliath, seems over the top and a bit too much. 

Tania Raymonde is fantastic though. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Love Bosch and flew through the seasons but struggling a little with Goliath, seems over the top and a bit too much. 

Its a shame she isn't in it more, especially the last season.

9/10 WB

Chris Chibnall has explained the plot of Doctor Who: Flux so that we can all understand what was actually going on.

It's a shame that this was needed. There could have been a really great series in there somewhere. It was Jodie Whittaker's best season by far, I thought she was brilliant, but the plot was so convoluted and hard to follow it was really frustrating.

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah me too, I think a mixture of the Internet and TV adaptations has killed it

If you say "do you read?" in theory I spend all day reading the Internet and going down various rabbit holes, I read more than I ever have done before on here alone, it's obviously just a different type of reading 

I read the Lincoln lawyer books years back and somehow missed bosch 

I love the Mickey Haller books, and the Harry Bosch books are excellent as well. If you haven't already, try the Jack McEvoy books also written by Michael Connelly, there aren't as many of them but they are good reads too, The first one is called The Poet, second one The Scarecrow and most recently Fair Warning.

On a side note, there is a Lincoln Lawyer tv series in production and coming out next year. Hopefully it is good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I love the Mickey Haller books, and the Harry Bosch books are excellent as well. If you haven't already, try the Jack McEvoy books also written by Michael Connelly, there aren't as many of them but they are good reads too, The first one is called The Poet, second one The Scarecrow and most recently Fair Warning.

On a side note, there is a Lincoln Lawyer tv series in production and coming out next year. Hopefully it is good.

The missus has got one with a woman as the main character for Xmas not a clue about it though

I'll tell her about Jack McEvoy

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The missus has got one with a woman as the main character for Xmas not a clue about it though

I'll tell her about Jack McEvoy

That will probably be Renee Ballard she is a new-ish character who works the night shift in LAPD, Bosch usually plays a big part in those books as well acting as a private eye. They are a decent read as well.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

This Wheel of Time series is about as close the books as that Brad Pitt World War Z movies was. As in no resemblance at all apart from borrowing the IP.

Could still enjoy it for what it is I guess, if it was well made, but it's not. Shame they already green lit a s2. Would have been better if they cancelled it and returned to it in 5-10 years with someone else show running it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sne said:

This Wheel of Time series is about as close the books as that Brad Pitt World War Z movies was. As in no resemblance at all apart from borrowing the IP.

Could still enjoy it for what it is I guess, if it was well made, but it's not. Shame they already green lit a s2. Would have been better if they cancelled it and returned to it in 5-10 years with someone else show running it.

Watched it the lastest episode there. They really have changed a lot from the book. Some of it seems to be change for change sake. 

Like yourself I wonder would I enjoy it more if I hadn't of read the books.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

New series of the car show fifth gear has started on Quest, it's mostly about EVs and hybrids from.what I've gathered so far.

Yes, I heard a podcast with Jonny Smith and he confirmed it is going to be about EVs. He was asked to present but turned it down to focus on his YouTube show... which is excellent. 

• Like 1

Starting Bosch again. 3 episodes in remembering bits about it. Will binge it all this time... I stopped last time because I can't watch series over a number of years. 

I still love his house! 

• Like 1

On 09/12/2021 at 20:35, Rds1983 said:

She certainly developed nicely from the kid that was in Malcolm In The Middle

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s  a singing show on TV now, I thought it was a cheaply made spoof of X factor but it’s actually for real.

Its absolutely horrendous.

You won't be surprised it's a Simon Cowell production.

Â