Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It took me 5 episodes to get into Succession then just blasted through Season 1 after that. Watching raging sociopaths and narcissists with various levels of megalomania be dicks to one another with no-one to obviously 'root' for is tricky. But I think it's worth it. Finished the last couple of episodes last night. Good grief. 

Edited by Rodders

I'm just going to come out and say it  .. Season 3 of What we do in the shadows absolutely sucks

it has a few decent moments , but Season 1 and 2 put it up there as one of best comedy shows ever written , Season 3 is eroding that legacy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm just going to come out and say it  .. Season 3 of What we do in the shadows absolutely sucks

it has a few decent moments , but Season 1 and 2 put it up there as one of best comedy shows ever written , Season 3 is eroding that legacy 

I totally agree.

Some genuinely brilliant bits but on the whole not a patch on the first 2.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Agree Tone.

First ep was OK and then we watched ep 2 and I said to the missus "Is it me or has this gone properly downhill?" - watched the rest and it didn't recover. Such a shame.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

Yes, without a blinkered mind season 3 of what we do in the shadows does seem weak overall. I went straight on to a rewatch of Toast of London straight after so Matt Berry has undone the WWDITS season 3 damage. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Agree Tone.

First ep was OK and then we watched ep 2 and I said to the missus "Is it me or has this gone properly downhill?" - watched the rest and it didn't recover. Such a shame.

It peaked and could understandably never surpass the episode ‘Colin’s Promotion’ - one of the funniest episodes ever.

As for Matt Berry I see Toast Of London returns early 2022!!! Cannot wait!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rodders said:

It took me 5 episodes to get into Succession then just blasted through Season 1 after that. Watching raging sociopaths and narcissists with various levels of megalomania be dicks to one another with no-one to obviously 'root' for is tricky. But I think it's worth it. Finished the last couple of episodes last night. Good grief. 

S3E09 spoiler 

You used the quote box instead of spoiler, so it shows automatically. Please edit to save others!

• Shocked 1

There was a Stefan Strauss character in one scene midway through season 2 of Succession. Same name as the guy who comes to close down the branch of JLB in Peep Show. I suppose it could feasibly be the same person in the fictional business world, though played by different actors. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Alex Rider - TV series. Apologies if talk of this has already been posted but has anyone watched any and is it any good?

I really enjoyed it, but I read the books when I was a kid so had a lot of nostalgia and am not particularly objective.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

By the way @ferguson1 I hadn't realised a 2nd series just came out, so can't comment on that.

👍 Cheers mate, it’s seeing that second series  listed for TV this weekend that got me interested.  Think I’ll find the first series then and give it a go.

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Alex Rider - TV series. Apologies if talk of this has already been posted but has anyone watched any and is it any good?

I quite like it but it does feel like it's kinda aimed at teens or younger adults but that doesn't bother me 

• Thanks 1

On 15/12/2021 at 12:12, theboyangel said:

It peaked and could understandably never surpass the episode ‘Colin’s Promotion’ - one of the funniest episodes ever.

As for Matt Berry I see Toast Of London returns early 2022!!! Cannot wait!

Toast of Tinseltown 

• Like 1

Â