Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 15/12/2021 at 12:12, Seat68 said:

Yes, without a blinkered mind season 3 of what we do in the shadows does seem weak overall. I went straight on to a rewatch of Toast of London straight after so Matt Berry has undone the WWDITS season 3 damage. 

It was definitely a bit up and down. When it funny it was very very funny, but a few episodes misfired a bit. Still enjoyed it overall nonetheless.

• Like 1

Loving Bosch... although I have no real desire to go to LA, it is a city/area that fascinates me. Just a sprawling place, with so many interesting parts to it. 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Loving Bosch... although I have no real desire to go to LA, it is a city/area that fascinates me. Just a sprawling place, with so many interesting parts to it. 

I went for 4 days, its properly monstrous but its also very low rise and not really much of a big city feel about about it, its just urban sprawl, thought I'd walk down sunset boulevard, walked for about 2 hours from hollywood and there was maybe another couple of hours I could have gone, it also has a relatively poor metro system and takes forever to get around no matter how you do it 

My wife wants to go back and stay in Santa Monica and spend more time at the beach travelling in to the city rather than the other way round

It has such a different vibe from any other mega city I've been to, it definitely has a dark side though, there's a lot of homeless and people who seemingly had drug abuse and or mental health issues 

Favourite thing about there is they have a little Tokyo with authentic Japanese supermarkets and bakeries, not just sushi they had everything, katsu sandwiches, kare donuts etc Los Angeles and dusseldorf are the only 2 places outside of Japan I've seen them like that, not even new York or London have them 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My wife wants to go back and stay in Santa Monica and spend more time at the beach travelling in to the city rather than the other way round

I've stayed in Santa Monica a couple of times and it is completely different to downtown LA.  It definitely feels more "LA-inspired California" than actual LA, though.  If you do go back and want some beach and some real LA vibes, Venice Beach is where it's at.  Great restaurants and independent stores, plus the weekend street food market (at night) was awesome pre-Covid.  It's relatively close to Santa Monica, so you could visit one and stay in the other.

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it definitely has a dark side though, there's a lot of homeless and people who seemingly had drug abuse and or mental health issues 

The whole west coast is the same, but LA and San Francisco have it particularly bad.  It's warm, it rarely rains (in LA at least) and it's the last stop on the line if you're a stowaway on a train.  A winter on the streets in LA is preferable to a winter on the streets anywhere in middle or East Coast USA.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Watched the new episode of the Grand Tour on prime, it was a reboot of the Peugeot episode from the old top gear, Maniac. Was some good lol bits, not to bad.

Watched it this morning, they're obviously fighting against the constraints but it didn't feel that special, was shorter than the last couple too

There's a lot of not funny French stuff in there but some good stuff too, the norm now I suppose, my biggest issue with it compared to all the others was that this had no setting, even the lochdown one had some great Scottish scenary and tourist board approved shots, this one had nothing 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watched it this morning, they're obviously fighting against the constraints but it didn't feel that special, was shorter than the last couple too

There's a lot of not funny French stuff in there but some good stuff too, the norm now I suppose, my biggest issue with it compared to all the others was that this had no setting, even the lochdown one had some great Scottish scenary and tourist board approved shots, this one had nothing 

Yes,it's definitely just been thrown together. That SM though, what a car 

1 hour ago, sne said:

No Villa game so guess that means I'll get to watch most of s2 of The Witcher. Great start so far.

Hopefully finish dope sick tomorrow freeing up the witcher for when I'm home alone in the week

Still got money heist to get through but the absurdity of it has got to me and the wife and we're not enjoying it

Finish hawkeye Wednesday, then start either narcos Mexico or wheel of time 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Hopefully finish dope sick tomorrow freeing up the witcher for when I'm home alone in the week

Still got money heist to get through but the absurdity of it has got to me and the wife and we're not enjoying it

Finish hawkeye Wednesday, then start either narcos Mexico or wheel of time 

I'm kinda resigned myself to no football for the coming weeks or so but I have held back on watching both Yellowstone and Ted Lasso so that'll keep me busy for a while when I finish The Witcher.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

I'm kinda resigned myself to no football for the coming weeks or so but I have held back on watching both Yellowstone and Ted Lasso so that'll keep me busy for a while when I finish The Witcher.

Ted lasso is a better shout, I've got Netflix over Xmas but not apple

• Like 1

Looking forward to starting Witcher s2 tonight. 

Most recently finished Only Murders In The Building on Disney+. A kind of true crime satire, light comedy and decent whodunnit, starring Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez. I enjoyed it. Harmless bit of fun, and kind of clever at times. 

I'm sure on rotten tomatoes only murders in the building is the highest rated TV show of the year

I liked it, keep meaning to do the podcast in the hope that they've cleverly released the actual podcast but I don't think it is, I think it's just a companion piece, missed a trick in that case 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm sure on rotten tomatoes only murders in the building is the highest rated TV show of the year

I liked it, keep meaning to do the podcast in the hope that they've cleverly released the actual podcast but I don't think it is, I think it's just a companion piece, missed a trick in that case 

It probably isn't the best TV show of the year, but it's probably one that nobody really dislikes very much so I guess that explains its high ratings.

Personally I thought it was fantastic - a fairly gentle watch at a relatively slow pace and didn't pretend to be anything other than it was, which was a straightforward lighthearted whodunnit with a nice little ensemble cast.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It probably isn't the best TV show of the year, but it's probably one that nobody really dislikes very much so I guess that explains its high ratings.

Personally I thought it was fantastic - a fairly gentle watch at a relatively slow pace and didn't pretend to be anything other than it was, which was a straightforward lighthearted whodunnit with a nice little ensemble cast.

Colonoscopy parties 🤣

Â