Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

The season ender of Succession did not disappoint. Top notch drama throughout, with some superb acting. It's just unbelievable how good this show really is. 

Yeah it was incredible. One of my favourite shows ever. Incredible stuff

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

When does it finish? 

I want to binge it

2 eps left. Out on the 17th and 24th.

Really hope it picks up in the last 2 eps and that they tie it together in a way that somehow justifies the massive amount changes they've made from the source material. If not I can't see this going beyond the 2 seasons that has been confirmed so far.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 21:19, mykeyb said:

You won't be surprised it's a Simon Cowell production.

I actually was surprised when I saw his brand at the end.

Its like he said “right, I want to make a new talent show, like X factor but with 20% of the budget and 10% of the effort”.

walk_the_line_01.jpg

Who’s idea was it to hire Dawn French as a judge?

It was like that spoof show Peter Kay did about 15 years ago. After one of the singers sang Gary Barlow was trotting out the old Louis Walsh lines “you look like a professional singer up there” and “that could be a hit record”.

Almost so bad it’s good, but fails at that too.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I actually was surprised when I saw his brand at the end.

Its like he said “right, I want to make a new talent show, like X factor but with 20% of the budget and 10% of the effort”.

walk_the_line_01.jpg

Who’s idea was it to hire Dawn French as a judge?

It was like that spoof show Peter Kay did about 15 years ago. After one of the singers sang Gary Barlow was trotting out the old Louis Walsh lines “you look like a professional singer up there” and “that could be a hit record”.

Almost so bad it’s good, but fails at that too.

Is that Craig David without his " Kes "?

Succession is good, but I think the hype over the last couple of pages is coming on too strong. They do tend to end up falling back on the same plot devices over and over again - it's all gone wrong for Kendall! - and it falls somewhere awkward for me between satire and drama. Like it seems to be shooting for satire sometimes, but it relies too much on recognising who a character is a series version of - so-and-so is Elon Musk! - and not enough building a critique in the way that great satire does. Part of that is that none of the characters are a stand-in for the audience; it seems like Greg should be that role, but he's as alien as the rest of them. I think it's more successful as drama - great acting, great locations - but I wish they'd change up the storylines a bit more.

It's not *bad* in any way - it's very good! - but I don't think it will linger much in the memory once it's over.

It's popcorn TV - they call them dramedies over here. Awful people doing awful shenanigans.

Anyone else noticed how they lurch the plot forward sometimes and then you are left guessing what you missed for a few scenes. Then it's either explained with exposition dialogue or you are just left to guess?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

It's popcorn TV - they call them dramedies over here. Awful people doing awful shenanigans.

Anyone else noticed how they lurch the plot forward sometimes and then you are left guessing what you missed for a few scenes. Then it's either explained with exposition dialogue or you are just left to guess?

That's it but mainly I'd say its a bunch of hilarious skits made into what it is using filler to make it look like a regular show.

37 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I’m just going to straight out admit it. I tried a few episodes of Succession. I didn’t like it very much. Gave up.

Ep1 I thought I wouldn't be able to continue because of the jumpy camera, zooming in n out, the snappy dialogue was too fast for, needed subtitles but I'm glad I persevered, once you get it and the characters develope despicably it's top draw.

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

I’m just going to straight out admit it. I tried a few episodes of Succession. I didn’t like it very much. Gave up.

It's a classic HBO show - first few episodes are a struggle, then you'll get towards the end of the first season and it all clicks in to place. The payoff is absolutely worth it. 

Edited by Milfner
  • Like 1

Â